HTTP 403 Error when Reply/New Topic or editing posts

UCyborg

OK, I'll try again later and let you know...it's weird, I could post anywhere except there, maybe some cache got messed on my end, but one would expect that this would result in inability to post anywhere.

Sorry @Tripredacus:  I just tried posting in a thread, and I get the 403 Forbidden Fruit Error - and yes I pressed Ctrl F5 first.  I think this appears too universal to be a browser issue.

(Edit: if you link a site, that's when you get the error)

Edited by Jody Thornton

Tried with a different browser, still no dice.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:54 PM, shorterxp said:

I'm getting this error in attempt to post new thread in the Programming section of the forum only, everywhere else ok.

Good point, I tried posting in a different topic in Windows 10 section and still the same error.

1 hour ago, Jody Thornton said:

(Edit: if you link a site, that's when you get the error)

Strange, I didn't put any links in my post.

I see that all of you are using different browsers, Edge and 2 different Firefox on 3 different OS... :dubbio:

And other regular members can post into there. It doesn't seem to be a problem with account or group permissions, nor browser... There is the possibility that it is timing based, but Supers don't have access to the error logs. @xper would be able to see these errors being reported by either the forum or the website and perhaps would have a better viewpoint of what the forum is trying to do at those times.

EDIT: after some looking, it appears that some users are getting a 403 response from the server on posting a reply or attempting to edit (POST do=edit) a post on various threads or forums. It does not (outwardly) appear to be a problem with browsers, OS or forum permissions, and it would be likely that it could happen to any user.

The exact cause of the issue remains unknown at the moment. I was able to make 3 test posts in Windows 10 section, but the problem returned quickly. We know there's something strange going on with the site and that it's not related to user permissions.

On 6/24/2018 at 12:52 AM, dencorso said:

I've asked xper to give it a look. But I have a question:
Are you then unable to edit any post or just the ones you've posted recently?

If the content of post is very long, it happens everytime.

Well, there actually *is* a size limit per post, and it has existed for a long time, already (from before IP.B 3.xx for sure). I had forgotten about it.
I found about it because of my old thread on 9x/ME with more than 1GiB RAM... when the machine list became too large, I've had to break it in more than one post, to be able to keep it growing. However, I was able to do that only because I had reseved some posts below the 1st one...