Get pictures from iCloud to Windows 10 computer

mike13

This post probably does not belong here, but I could not find another category to put it. Sorry. Anyway, my wife has an iPhone SE. When I connect it to my computer with a USB cable, I only see 774 pictures which I found out are the INTERNAL MEMORY PICTURES. She has over 2,000 pictures on the phone. I stopped in at the local ATT store where we bought the phone, and they said I needed to go to www.icloud.com. I did that and then I saw the 2,000 pictures, but there was no option to copy them to my computer. Then I tried that Icloud for Windows. There was a download there, but it only downloaded about 1,000 pictures.  I also tried clicking on the first photo, holding down the SHIFT key and then clicking o the last photo. That did nothing. The photos were NOT highlighted. There has to be an easy way to get the photos from the icloud back to the computer. I would usually send pictures to Snapfish, or Spotify to get developed, but can not do that if I can't get the pictues on my computer. Two other people had recommended third party software, which I tried, but it only copies 50 pictures over to the computer unless you buy the program for  $40.00 Any suggestions, please.  Mike  

if you move the 744 pictures off the phone using the usb cable (as in so they aren't on the phone anymore at all), do more appear where they were?

On my SE, the photos taken with the camera aren't in a folder called "pictures", but rather in DCIM\100APPLE\

Edited by i430VX

Thanks i430VX for the reply. Her pictures are also in DCIM, 100apple1, 100apple2, 100apple3, 100apple4, 100apple5. These are in the INTERNAL STORAGE on the phone. But there are 2000 pictures that wee automatically uploaded to Apples' iCloud.  If I go to icloud.com, and sign in with her Apple ID and password, I can see the 2000 pictures but there is no option to save or copy. I was on the right track, when I downloaded iCloud for Windows, but the install get messed up, or I messed up. Either way, it does not work. I then went into ADD / REMOVE programs , thinking I would just remove iCloud for Windows and start over, but I am told that I first need to sign off of iCloud. I hesitate doing that because I do want to take a chance of loosing any of those pictures. I guess I just need to call Apple support, and hopefully they can help me, or just make an appointment at an Apple store. Mike