Suddenly Windows Wakes up from Sleep After 30 Seconds - How to Fix?

Radish

On Δευτέρα, 23 Ιουλίου 2018 at 11:37 PM, Glenn9999 said:

And when I went into "Administrator", I still couldn't change this.

Have you tried the "Run as Administrator" option? This gives you elevated rights in comparison to just using the (any) Administrator account.

1 hour ago, HarryTri said:

Have you tried the "Run as Administrator" option? This gives you elevated rights in comparison to just using the (any) Administrator account.

On a Control Panel applet?

Glenn9999,

If you want to alter the Windows Update settings (and can't) then it might be because (by whatever means) the settings regarding Windows Updates in Group Policy (settings) [gpedit.msc] have been altered.

I'm suggesting this because on my system I went into Group Policy and made settings in there that makes it impossible for my system to do MS updates. This means that if I use my a Control Panel Windows Update interface I can't alter the current settings from there, they are locked because of the Group Policy settings -- to alter the Windows Update settings would require going back into Group Policy and altering in there. Maybe worth a check on your own system.

7 hours ago, Radish said:

If you want to alter the Windows Update settings (and can't) then it might be because (by whatever means) the settings regarding Windows Updates in Group Policy (settings) [gpedit.msc] have been altered.

This actually was a good pointer towards the answer.  gpedit.msc doesn't exist on my system (only the Pro version has that), but I found where the registry was changed to lock out that particular change and fixed it.  Of course the question remains of what exactly did it, but I got the change reverted.

Edited by Glenn9999