What's "the best" browser for Win-7 32-bit?

Nomen

Assuming there might be a consensus on this, I ask what "the best" browser is these days for win-7 32-bit.  I generally try to use the oldest version of Firefox that will do what I want (like render embedded video's in web pages) but I'm finding that the last version of FF 39 that I recently upgraded to has some issues.

Something that will allow me to enter an IP address and /or non-standard port-number for a URL, and will work sites with Java content and not have SSL or other protocol issues,

Any thoughts on this?

11 hours ago, Nomen said:

will do what I want (like render embedded video's in web pages)

Well, are those videos even embedded properly? I personally would prefer that a browser render things by the standard, meaning that embedded videos that the developer uses with an include that contains a Doctype declaration should be ignored or break the page! Yet, there does not seem to be any modern browsers that will do that.

I prefer Palemoon, which is a Mozilla browser. Like Firefox (and you can import your bookmarks and stuff) but without most of the fluff put into the flagship browser.

22 minutes ago, Tripredacus said:

I prefer Palemoon, which is a Mozilla browser. Like Firefox (and you can import your bookmarks and stuff) but without most of the fluff put into the flagship browser.

But now it's not working properly again on Facebook.  You can't choose reactions and videos seem to go full screen play with no transport controls.  I extracted Roytam1's 28x pre-release version.  It works pretty much perfectly.

10 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

Well, are those videos even embedded properly? I personally would prefer that a browser render things by the standard, meaning that embedded videos that the developer uses with an include that contains a Doctype declaration should be ignored or break the page! Yet, there does not seem to be any modern browsers that will do that.

Note that Palemoon is not an official Mozilla browser, it's a fork of Firefox.

I personally prefer Firefox, with a few good addons.

There was a web page with 4 embedded videos - 3 from youtube and 1 from twitter.  One of the youtube videos just sat there with a swirling circle (like it's buffering to play but doesn't end up playing) and the video from twitter doesn't play (puts up a message "we cannot play the video in this browser.  please try a different web browser".  This is firefox 39.0b7.  I then went and installed Avant browser (most current version) and all 4 video's on the page played.

On 6/21/2018 at 3:41 AM, Stefan43 said:

I use the latest version of Firefox (Quantum) on Windows 7 x86 and it works fine. Maybe you like it when you try it, it's quite fast.

Yes, the x64 version has been working very fine for me on 7 x64, I assume x86 version will be fine too as Stefan43 said.

Link for last version (x86 & x64) for all OS's and languages:  https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/

Edited by alacran