aero glass for version 1803

On 7/19/2018 at 2:38 PM, Aethelflaed said:

Go to Tools > Options > Advanced > General, then click the config editor, and check whether mail.tabs.drawInTitlebar is set to 'false'. If it is not set to 'false', Thunderbird will attempt to draw the title bar itself, which is likely what causes the problem with the buttons not being skinned properly.

It functions perfectly! :-)

On 7/21/2018 at 8:41 AM, seb33190 said:

Hello my aero glass does not put on my application modern window can you help me thank you

As far as I know this isn't supported anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You Big Muscle For NewAero Glass Build 1.5.9 ...

for my part, it crash every fifteen minutes, but it's good ...  I have to press each time on "stop" (next to start again) ..  :D

Why ????? :crazy:

Hello,

I have no problems with the dependability of Aero Glass 1.5.9. Regarding to this it works very fine and modest. But I have another issue in relation to the latest official version of Windows 10.

I have downloaded and installed the latest Aero Glass version (1.5.9) before Windows 10 was updated from RS 3 (1709) release to RS 4 (1803) release. Before Windows 10 was updated to the RS 4 release, Aero Glass 1.5.9 (for all RS 2 to RS 4 releases) had no problems with the transparency effect in the titlebars of the desktop windows (like the older version 1.5.8, which was optimized for the RS 3 release). Now, after the Windows update to the RS 4 release was successfully installed, Aero Glass 1.5.9 cannot modify the titlebars with the transparency effect any more, although it should be fitted for the RS 4 release in fact. When launching Aero Glass 1.5.9 under Windows 10 RS 4, it shows the followig error message:

Aero Glass for Win8.1 + Incompatibility issue
    Aero Glass does not know howto hook your version of DWM (0x81).

So, I have looked for the installed Windows version: It is now the expected RS 4 release (version 1803), but it is the latest official build 17134.191. As I have read in this forum this build could be too new. So I assume, that the latest official Windows 10 version is still not supported by Aero Glass 1.5.9. Tis means, that Aero Glass cannot be used in order to get the transparence effect at this moment, because it is not compatible with the current Windows version. Am I right? Does anybody have the same or a similar issue?

3 hours ago, dirgoe said:

When launching Aero Glass 1.5.9 under Windows 10 RS 4, it shows the followig error message:

Aero Glass for Win8.1 + Incompatibility issue
    Aero Glass does not know howto hook your version of DWM (0x81).

So, I have looked for the installed Windows version: It is now the expected RS 4 release (version 1803), but it is the latest official build 17134.191. As I have read in this forum this build could be too new. So I assume, that the latest official Windows 10 version is still not supported by Aero Glass 1.5.9. Tis means, that Aero Glass cannot be used in order to get the transparence effect at this moment, because it is not compatible with the current Windows version. Am I right? Does anybody have the same or a similar issue?

I have the exact same version of windows (even the .191) and right after it updated to the ...191 I got the same error message as you.  What I needed to do was manually download the symbols file and put them in the aeroglass directory in windows and it's working fine.  Please read my previous post here:  https://msfn.org/board/topic/177567-thank-you-big-muscle-for-new-aero-glass-build-159/?do=findComment&comment=1152931   And follow the links within my post if you need more clarity   (sbkw1983 explains it more clearly than I do).  Just make sure though you use my link for the symbols file since it's the most up-to-date one that you need, but follow sbkw1983's general instructions for how it works.  Hope this helps you!

20 hours ago, AdamW said:

I have the exact same version of windows (even the .191) and right after it updated to the ...191 I got the same error message as you.  What I needed to do was manually download the symbols file and put them in the aeroglass directory in windows and it's working fine.  Please read my previous post here:  https://msfn.org/board/topic/177567-thank-you-big-muscle-for-new-aero-glass-build-159/?do=findComment&comment=1152931   And follow the links within my post if you need more clarity   (sbkw1983 explains it more clearly than I do).  Just make sure though you use my link for the symbols file since it's the most up-to-date one that you need, but follow sbkw1983's general instructions for how it works.  Hope this helps you!

Please tutorial video  :no::(:(:(

win 10 1803  -64 bits  - version Aero Glass Build 1.5.9 error

Edited by picasso21

Haha, sorry, I've never made a tutorial video.  Let me just repost sbkw1983's directions (which were clear), but substitute in my new link and a few other clarifications that helped me:

There was a new cumulative update for me from Build 17134.112 to 17134.137  [EDIT:  also to 17134.191].

[EDIT:]  1) Go to C:\AeroGlass\  and create a folder called "symbols" (if you don't already have one)...  inside the "symbols" folder, create another folder literally named "dwmcore.pdb"  (This is a FOLDER you create, not a FILE)...  thus you should have a folder location as such:  'C:\AeroGlass\symbols\dwmcore.pdb'   - this is where you will *always* put your symbols files when Windows updates them

2) A new folder in 'C:\AeroGlass\symbols\dwmcore.pdb' needs to be created named as follows: [EDIT for version 17134.191:]    19D3E7CB2A1CC40D03B2B9A57D62097F1

3) A new 'dwmcore.pdb' needs to be downloaded from the following link: [EDIT for version 17134.191:]   http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/dwmcore.pdb/19D3E7CB2A1CC40D03B2B9A57D62097F1/dwmcore.pdb

4) [EDIT:  It will actually download a *.BLOB file.]   The downloaded .BLOB file needs to be renamed 'dwmcore.pdb' and copied to the folder created in the second step  [EDIT: in here:  'C:\AeroGlass\symbols\dwmcore.pdb\19D3E7CB2A1CC40D03B2B9A57D62097F1\' ].

5) Once you've put your new dwmcore.pdb file in that new folder, then click the 'retry' button in the 'incompatibility' popup window and it should work.

Again, this method originally came from sbkw1983's post here, so he deserves the thanks.  I just updated it for the new update (based on info from NoelC here).  So please visit their posts and put thanks/likes.

UxTSB stops to work on build 17134.191

3rd party visual styles didn't work. On applying screen is goes black and my integrated Intel HD 530 driver stops to work!

In log all right, UxTSB injects into all processes normal without errors.

I tried to add visual style to registry manually and reboot, but it leads to neverending logon with black screen.

On 17134.165 all works fine, 3rd party visual styles works.

Looks like it's need to update UxTSB.dll

On 8/9/2018 at 7:33 AM, AdamW said:

Haha, sorry, I've never made a tutorial video.  Let me just repost sbkw1983's directions (which were clear), but substitute in my new link and a few other clarifications that helped me:

Again, this method originally came from sbkw1983's post here, so he deserves the thanks.  I just updated it for the new update (based on info from NoelC here).  So please visit their posts and put thanks/likes.

This doesn't work at all :(

When I click on retry, it just reappears again. I don't know what to do.

Ok it worked after I used the donation key I generated.

But... whatdo I do now? There are no settings. There is no theme (despite the setup claiming to install one), nothing. I am completely confused.

OK, well, sorry, but I don't know exactly what you're referring to or what to do next.  I don't actually use a donation key, so it sounds like maybe that means it works different for you?  For settings, I've used the GUI you can get from the bottom of the downloads page (says something about "testing version of GUI")... you put that in your Aeroglass folder and then double-click it to launch the GUI and that's worked for me for years.

Edited by AdamW