Steam Dropping XP&Vista Support

i430VX

1 hour ago, sdfox7 said:

The topic was not devoted to political debate, but I did make a point about technology related software, and I believe the average person would agree the software was created in poor taste regardless of your political views.

For what it's worth, @sdfox7, I don't think Tommy was reprimanding you, considering he didn't edit your post. He edited the other guy's.

I was alerted to an update to this thread by e-mail and was rather annoyed when it turned out to be that guy sounding off about his personal political opinions here. His post offered absolutely nothing of substance or relevancy to the topic at hand; he treated this thread like his own little soapbox. Being notified of such updates is the equivalent of being woken up early in the morning on a weekend by a door-to-door salesman or a telemarketer.

For the record, I didn't contact the mods. I just turned off updates by e-mail and put the guy on ignore. I don't come to MSFN to debate politics, but to find solutions to problems.

Such as, in this case, finding ways to access the products I've bought via Steam once Valve blocks XP and Vista users from their service.

I just want to say this to satisfy my conscience, then we can let the issue rest:

Yes, it was I who was reprimanded. My apologies to anyone who might've taken offense.

You all have my word that it won't happen again.

c

Yep, it's all taken care of. cc333 offered their apology and took the situation in stride. It's not easy reprimanding someone but it's that nasty thing that needs to be done sometimes. Even I was reprimanded on other forums when I was a youngster to the point I was almost temporarily banned. So I appreciate the understanding and if anyone else has anything to add to this thread's actual purpose, have at it!