windows 7 tweaks ( mostly for ssd )

cov3rt

i was gonna make a thread mostly for windows 7 tweaks with the assumption that the system uses a solid state drive, however before giving all the detailed info and tweaks i found so far, i wanted to first ask individually on specific tweaks and how they work as i am unsure on them and what can really help with performance. 

one thing in particular i am not sure of is the windows 7 aero function. i have searched up on it and at fist, there were sources saying that disabling aero entirely will improve performance, but then other sources and forum users saying it actually reduces performance because it disable hardware acceleration on the gpu and / or so the cpu / gpu have to work harder and so overall, this would reduce performance? the problem is i havent found a step by step instruction on what the best settings would be and what you need to do.

for example, a user on one of the forums posted this "You get the highest performance from using Aero with Shadows, Transparancy and Animations disabled. Known this for a few years now, it's pretty obvious too."

with that being said, and if that's true too, can i also set the windows view to classic or does that disable windows aero or does that not have anything to do with aero? i guess what im asking is what the highest performance settings would be for aero, i understand there may not be a huge difference in performance if any with tweaks in general, though some may be noticeable, however this is something i would like to have in customization. not all tweaks would be for a faster system but more for reliability such as disabling caching of thumbnails but making it so it actually shows the thumbnails. 

on my w7 systems, i always disabled themes in services.msc, as well as set windows to classic theme and adjust for best performance option with smooth edges of screen fonts checked for one. 

i also wanted to talk about bios tweaks.