Is there a way to always show the lock-wallpaper instead of the accent color when shutting down/restarting?

SkyySX

It's a bit hard to describe by text what I want to do so I'll show two screenshots. Basically this is what it looks like when you shutdown or restart Windows 10 after logging in to a user, the background is made up by the accent color:

https://i.imgur.com/qSs6rIM.jpg

This however is how it looks like when you reboot or shutdown before you login to any user:

https://i.imgur.com/86OvhTT.jpg

where the background shows the computer's lockscreen image. Is there any way to always show the lockscreen image instead of a the solid color?

On 1/30/2018 at 12:57 PM, xpclient said:

Upgrade to Windows 7 and change the logon screen image.

I'm dual-booting Windows 7 and Windows 10, I would still use Win7 as my main system if I wouldn't need Win10 for a few things :P

On 2/1/2018 at 10:17 AM, xpclient said:

I am curious what are the few thing you need 10 for? :)

Well "need" is probably a bit of an overstatement but for example Forza Horizon 3 and Forza Motorsport 7 only run on Windows 10 and I enjoy playing them :P Then there's the fact that Windows 10 does have some performance gains in games even if its not much and it supports multiple monitors having different refresh-rates properly. Aside from that, I help and support many people that run Windows 10 so me not knowing the new quirks of Win10 inside out by using it myself would make me fall a bit behind with that.

Edited by SkyySX

2 hours ago, UCyborg said:

I haven't found any setting for this neither. If there is a way, it probably involves hacking one of the system files.

I see, thanks for looking around, I hope if anyone knows how to do it then someone here on MSFN.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/13/2018 at 9:11 PM, dhjohns said:

LOL, 7 is a serious downgrade.

If you want to upgrade, install XP!

XP is the best of the 9x and 2000 UI with somewhat modern underpinnings (10 has it beat in that particular regard, I'll admit).

If it weren't for the fact that some of my software requires 7 as a minimum, I'd still be running XP!

c

On 10/3/2018 at 3:21 AM, cc333 said:

If it weren't for the fact that some of my software requires 7 as a minimum, I'd still be running XP!

XP was really good 18 years ago.  Kids graduating high school were born then.

XP is still good today - except for the internet stuff.:huh: In relation to Windows 10 with its user unfriendliness, endless complexity and sly telemetry it is a day to the night comparison.

Edited by HarryTri

• 2 months later...
On 6/14/2018 at 6:11 AM, dhjohns said:

LOL, 7 is a serious downgrade.

That is obviously a matter of opinion....and anyone working with fixing this crap on a daily basis would almost certainly consider Windows 7 as an upgrade:worship:

1 hour ago, dhjohns said:

Telemetry is good.

If you are going to write a three word sentance for something most of us think is s**** then please have the decency to explain "why"

Me thinks that a certain person only writes things to provoke....I could be wrong....but then I would like to be proved wrong...

I am sorry that SkyySX isn't getting the replies expected....we already have threads like mine where we can write about Windows 10 being a pile of crap as much as we like because that is what the thread is about....

I apologise for adding my comments....just saw red....

bookie32

Edited by bookie32

On 12/7/2018 at 8:07 AM, bookie32 said:
On 12/7/2018 at 6:55 AM, dhjohns said:

Telemetry is good.

If you are going to write a three word sentance for something most of us think is s**** then please have the decency to explain "why"

I think it mostly serves to consume CPU cycles and network bandwidth. For serious crashing bugs, Windows Error Reporting has been a thing for many years.

For the rest, there are concepts such as users providing feedback (where for certain things MS conveniently ignores it if it doesn't align with their vision) and testing done by professional quality assurance team. No telemetry can replace these things.

On 12/7/2018 at 3:55 AM, dhjohns said:

Telemetry is good.

On 12/7/2018 at 5:07 AM, bookie32 said:

Ignorance is bliss...