help, the bios has locked out!.

m1ck

Can anyone help i need to enter the  bios so i can enable UEFI MODE AS I HAVE 5tb drive i need to to use and it's me nuts.

In the manual it says to press F2 to enter it but  it won't let me, what am i doing wrong?.

any help would greatly appreciated thank you. everytime i try To enter it just reboots.

Oh btw my Bios is a GA-Z97P-D3 and i know the keyboard still works because when i press F2 shows up in the keyboard options.

(to redefine the keys).

Thanks for your help, although unfortunately i'm still unable to enter the bios and edit the bios settings and i'm none the the wiser.

Edited by m1ck
addendum

Some BIOS'es require the setup entering key to be pressed at certain time of POST. Try to hit F2 multiple times while the PC is starting. Also try to power-up the PC with F2 already pressed.

P. S. In some cases USB keyboards can't be used to enter setup, because BIOS initialize USB ports after the right moment. If your keyboard is USB-connected, try PS/2 keyboard instead.

Edited by Yellow Horror

• 4 months later...

If those do not work, you can unplug your hard drives and try that way. Normally, if Windows has gone to hibernate, you won't be able to enter setup, as the computer is not really in an off state, thus POST does not occur.