Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 


666_peter_666

Aero Glass for Win8.1+ v1.5.7 and "Your DWM is incompatible"

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, JTB3 said:

This was also driving me crazy until I figured out (by looking at the debug file from the latest experimental version 1290) that AeroGlass was unable to download:
http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/dwmcore.pdb/4DFDA14B2ACD35B23AC37976303DB51A1/dwmcore.pdb

Finally, by simply manually pasting the above link into my browser, I was able to download the above required symbol file. I then had to manually create a subfolder with the name "4DFDA14B2ACD35B23AC37976303DB51A1"
in the '..symbols\dwmcore.pdb' folder, and then copied the 'dwmcore.pdb' file into this new subfolder.

Everything worked great from that moment forward!  Hope this helps anyone!
-JT

Yes, it does the trick! I did everything, you wrote, I downloaded file dwmcore.pdb, created path C:\Program Files\AeroGlass\symbols\dwmcore.pdb\4DFDA14B2ACD35B23AC37976303DB51A1\  and put dwmcore.pdb file into there. Thank you for your help! :)

AeroGlass works now very nice, without annoying messages. I think, I must to deactivate upgrading my Windows 10 to another fool version until BigMuscle will upgrade AG v 1.5.7 to higher version, to have beautifull Windows again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Symbols haven't downloaded on my pc as of yet and Windows upgraded to Fall creators a couple of weeks ago. I have a donation key and AeroGlass works with a theme atlas but downloaded 3rd party themes don't work.  Would forcing/waiting for symbols to download fix this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, djmagnifique said:

Symbols haven't downloaded on my pc as of yet and Windows upgraded to Fall creators a couple of weeks ago. I have a donation key and AeroGlass works with a theme atlas but downloaded 3rd party themes don't work.  Would forcing/waiting for symbols to download fix this?

For anyone having difficulties initially downloading the symbols required by AeroGlass,
Here is a zip file with all of the recent symbols downloaded (from my Win 10-64 system):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y46j8nk1hp1y0an/AeroGlass-Symbols-Backup_2018-01-31.zip

Simply, extract the 'symbols' folder as a subdirectory off of the 'AeroGlass' installation folder
and you should be 'good-to-go'.

Hope this helps! :cool:
-JT

Edited by JTB3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2018 at 6:32 AM, JTB3 said:

This was also driving me crazy until I figured out (by looking at the debug file from the latest experimental version 1290) that AeroGlass was unable to download:
http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/dwmcore.pdb/4DFDA14B2ACD35B23AC37976303DB51A1/dwmcore.pdb

Finally, by simply manually pasting the above link into my browser, I was able to download the above required symbol file. I then had to manually create a subfolder with the name "4DFDA14B2ACD35B23AC37976303DB51A1"
in the '..symbols\dwmcore.pdb' folder, and then copied the 'dwmcore.pdb' file into this new subfolder.

Everything worked great from that moment forward!  Hope this helps anyone!
-JT

Thanks a lot!!! That really helped!!! Kudos!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today my Windows 10 was updated with monthly security updates:

image.png.fa52544a9f890442d09b2431d0be63ad.png

and of course, the well known window is back:

image.png.e234ae5428f89e675ce792ae71be59cd.png

My pleasure with working AG did not last for long time.

And again, I do not know how to solve this problem, but I think, AG should be able to download "appropriate symbols package" by itself.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised there's no clear post stickied regarding downloading symbols. Just updated and AeroGlass failed in its symbol update, so had to do it manually.

Huge thanks to MDJ and UCyborg for their posts, I'm basically just reposting what they posted.

MDJ's Symbol Download Instructions

UCyborg's Symbols Command Line

Based on what they posted, this is what worked for me:

  1. Download Windows 10 SDK (here)
  2. Install it, and select "Debugging Tools for Windows" only
  3. In your AeroGlass folder (C:\AeroGlass for me), delete or rename your symbols folder
  4. Download UCyborg's command line script and run it

That should work all the time.

Anyway, I've also included a link below to the latest symbols, just copy that folder into your AeroGlass folder and restart, and it should work. 

Symbols as of 15/02/2018: Download Link

Edited by dutchMasta
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dutchMasta said:

Surprised there's no clear post stickied regarding downloading symbols. Just updated and AeroGlass failed in its symbol update, so had to do it manually.

Huge thanks to MDJ and UCyborg for their posts, I'm basically just reposting what they posted.

MDJ's Symbol Download Instructions

UCyborg's Symbols Command Line

Based on what they posted, this is what worked for me:

  1. Download Windows 10 SDK (here)
  2. Install it, and select "Debugging Tools for Windows" only
  3. In your AeroGlass folder (C:\AeroGlass for me), delete or rename your symbols folder
  4. Download UCyborg's command line script and run it

That should work all the time.

Anyway, I've also included a link below to the latest symbols, just copy that folder into your AeroGlass folder and restart, and it should work. 

Symbols as of 15/02/2018: Download Link

Work good. Thanks!

Edited by Steve017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Steve017 said:

Work good. Thanks!

Did you update Windows 10 1709 before to 16299.248?  I tried to realize mentioned advice above with no luck.

Edited by 666_peter_666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 666_peter_666 said:

Please, what is the key for downloading?

Not used to mega.nz, didn't realise decryption keys are always required. Anyway, modified the download link to include the key.

Why aren't the instructions working for you though? What part is the issue?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dutchMasta said:

Not used to mega.nz, didn't realise decryption keys are always required. Anyway, modified the download link to include the key.

Why aren't the instructions working for you though? What part is the issue?

Now the DL link is working fine, thank you.  I copied the whole downloaded folder of symbols into c:\AeroGlass and no error window appered. Great.

Before that I did exactly the 4 steps you had written, but it did not work for me. Nothing was downloaded (any symbols), and I am pretty sure, that after next Windows update the old error window AG (Incompatibily issue) will be here again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 666_peter_666 said:

Now the DL link is working fine, thank you.  I copied the whole downloaded folder of symbols into c:\AeroGlass and no error window appered. Great.

Before that I did exactly the 4 steps you had written, but it did not work for me. Nothing was downloaded (any symbols), and I am pretty sure, that after next Windows update the old error window AG (Incompatibily issue) will be here again.

Weird. Did you delete or rename your old symbols folder, if there was one?

Do either of these files exist for you:

  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x64\symchk.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x86\symchk.exe

If so, maybe next time you can try running UCyborg's cmd file with administrator privileges (Right click > Run as administrator).

Anyway, good to hear it's working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, dutchMasta said:

Weird. Did you delete or rename your old symbols folder, if there was one?

Do either of these files exist for you:

  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x64\symchk.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x86\symchk.exe

If so, maybe next time you can try running UCyborg's cmd file with administrator privileges (Right click > Run as administrator).

Anyway, good to hear it's working.

Yes, I renamed "symbols" folder and I have these folders and files:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x86\symchk.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x64\symchk.exe

C:\AeroGlass\.......

But when I run UCyborg's cmd, there only flashed some small window and it does nothing. I did not run it as administrator, my account has an administrator rights.

However, thank you for the tips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, 666_peter_666 said:

Yes, I renamed "symbols" folder and I have these folders and files:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x86\symchk.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x64\symchk.exe

C:\AeroGlass\.......

But when I run UCyborg's cmd, there only flashed some small window and it does nothing. I did not run it as administrator, my account has an administrator rights.

However, thank you for the tips.

Ah right, then it should work really.. next time you can try run a command window, so Start > Run > cmd. Then wherever you place the symbols.cmd file, just go there and run it, for example:

cd C:\AeroGlass
symbols.cmd

Then you can potentially see why it didn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×