Aero Glass for Win8.1+ v1.5.7 and "Your DWM is incompatible"

14 hours ago, JTB3 said:

This was also driving me crazy until I figured out (by looking at the debug file from the latest experimental version 1290) that AeroGlass was unable to download:
http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/dwmcore.pdb/4DFDA14B2ACD35B23AC37976303DB51A1/dwmcore.pdb

Finally, by simply manually pasting the above link into my browser, I was able to download the above required symbol file. I then had to manually create a subfolder with the name "4DFDA14B2ACD35B23AC37976303DB51A1"
in the '..symbols\dwmcore.pdb' folder, and then copied the 'dwmcore.pdb' file into this new subfolder.

Everything worked great from that moment forward!  Hope this helps anyone!
-JT

Yes, it does the trick! I did everything, you wrote, I downloaded file dwmcore.pdb, created path C:\Program Files\AeroGlass\symbols\dwmcore.pdb\4DFDA14B2ACD35B23AC37976303DB51A1\  and put dwmcore.pdb file into there. Thank you for your help! :)

AeroGlass works now very nice, without annoying messages. I think, I must to deactivate upgrading my Windows 10 to another fool version until BigMuscle will upgrade AG v 1.5.7 to higher version, to have beautifull Windows again.

Symbols haven't downloaded on my pc as of yet and Windows upgraded to Fall creators a couple of weeks ago. I have a donation key and AeroGlass works with a theme atlas but downloaded 3rd party themes don't work.  Would forcing/waiting for symbols to download fix this?

4 hours ago, djmagnifique said:

Symbols haven't downloaded on my pc as of yet and Windows upgraded to Fall creators a couple of weeks ago. I have a donation key and AeroGlass works with a theme atlas but downloaded 3rd party themes don't work.  Would forcing/waiting for symbols to download fix this?

For anyone having difficulties initially downloading the symbols required by AeroGlass,
Here is a zip file with all of the recent symbols downloaded (from my Win 10-64 system):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y46j8nk1hp1y0an/AeroGlass-Symbols-Backup_2018-01-31.zip

Simply, extract the 'symbols' folder as a subdirectory off of the 'AeroGlass' installation folder
and you should be 'good-to-go'.

Hope this helps! :cool:
-JT

Edited by JTB3

On 2/1/2018 at 6:32 AM, JTB3 said:

This was also driving me crazy until I figured out (by looking at the debug file from the latest experimental version 1290) that AeroGlass was unable to download:
http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/dwmcore.pdb/4DFDA14B2ACD35B23AC37976303DB51A1/dwmcore.pdb

Finally, by simply manually pasting the above link into my browser, I was able to download the above required symbol file. I then had to manually create a subfolder with the name "4DFDA14B2ACD35B23AC37976303DB51A1"
in the '..symbols\dwmcore.pdb' folder, and then copied the 'dwmcore.pdb' file into this new subfolder.

Everything worked great from that moment forward!  Hope this helps anyone!
-JT

Thanks a lot!!! That really helped!!! Kudos!