Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Rocky2018#

Amazon Prime Video stopped working

I just installed a new 27" LGE monitor, with the CD's drivers, on my computer and now Amazon Prime Videos won't run. I was previously using a 19" Dell Monitor that had no problems with Amazon Videos.

Now I am getting a message on Amazon that says:

"Unsupported Operating System

Amazon Video titles can't be watched on this device because the operating system isn't supported. For more information, please see Amazon Video system requirements."

I understand XP is supposedly not supported, but it WAS before I installed the new monitor. Is the problem with the new drivers?

I don't have any problems with Netflix, YouTube, etc. I tried it on both Firefox and Chrome and get the same problem with both browsers. It doesn't make sense to me.

The Display settings in Control Panel show: Resolution 1920x1080; LG IPSFULL(analog) on Radeon x85 Series; 32bit highest.

My system is :Dell Dimension XPS, Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.60 GHz; 144 GB HD with 52GB free; 3.00 GB RAM; MS Windows XP Media Center Edition Ver2002 SP3

Can someone help or suggest a solution, besides buying a new system?

Thanks

Sounds like a DRM problem. The LGE may use a version that isn't supported by XP. What connection type did you use for each the Dell and LGE: VGA, DVI, HDMI?
Try reconnecting the Dell without changing drivers. If this works, reconnect the LGE using the same connection type, else uninstall the new drivers and restore system settings from a backup.

I guess he figured it out but its really obvious what he was doing wrong. "The Display settings in Control Panel show: Resolution 1920x1080; LG IPSFULL(analog) on Radeon x85 Series; 32bit highest."

analog doesn't support copy protection or HDCP. 

• Like 1