Amazon Prime Video stopped working

I just installed a new 27" LGE monitor, with the CD's drivers, on my computer and now Amazon Prime Videos won't run. I was previously using a 19" Dell Monitor that had no problems with Amazon Videos.

Now I am getting a message on Amazon that says:

"Unsupported Operating System

Amazon Video titles can't be watched on this device because the operating system isn't supported. For more information, please see Amazon Video system requirements."

I understand XP is supposedly not supported, but it WAS before I installed the new monitor. Is the problem with the new drivers?

I don't have any problems with Netflix, YouTube, etc. I tried it on both Firefox and Chrome and get the same problem with both browsers. It doesn't make sense to me.

The Display settings in Control Panel show: Resolution 1920x1080; LG IPSFULL(analog) on Radeon x85 Series; 32bit highest.

My system is :Dell Dimension XPS, Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.60 GHz; 144 GB HD with 52GB free; 3.00 GB RAM; MS Windows XP Media Center Edition Ver2002 SP3

Can someone help or suggest a solution, besides buying a new system?

Thanks

Sounds like a DRM problem. The LGE may use a version that isn't supported by XP. What connection type did you use for each the Dell and LGE: VGA, DVI, HDMI?
Try reconnecting the Dell without changing drivers. If this works, reconnect the LGE using the same connection type, else uninstall the new drivers and restore system settings from a backup.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess he figured it out but its really obvious what he was doing wrong. "The Display settings in Control Panel show: Resolution 1920x1080; LG IPSFULL(analog) on Radeon x85 Series; 32bit highest."

analog doesn't support copy protection or HDCP. 

• 7 months later...
On 1/15/2018 at 4:20 PM, Rocky2018# said:

I just installed a new 27" LGE monitor, with the CD's drivers, on my computer and now Amazon Prime Videos won't run. I was previously using a 19" Dell Monitor that had no problems with Amazon Videos.

Now I am getting a message on Amazon that says:

"Unsupported Operating System

Amazon Video titles can't be watched on this device because the operating system isn't supported. For more information, please see Amazon Video system requirements."

I understand XP is supposedly not supported, but it WAS before I installed the new monitor. Is the problem with the new drivers?

I don't have any problems with Netflix, YouTube, etc. I tried it on both Firefox and Chrome and get the same problem with both browsers. It doesn't make sense to me.

The Display settings in Control Panel show: Resolution 1920x1080; LG IPSFULL(analog) on Radeon x85 Series; 32bit highest.

My system is :Dell Dimension XPS, Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.60 GHz; 144 GB HD with 52GB free; 3.00 GB RAM; MS Windows XP Media Center Edition Ver2002 SP3

Can someone help or suggest a solution, besides buying a new system?

Thanks

There are other reason this can happen, especially if you are using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox on Windows XP. I discovered and posted the fix here: