Delete Windows 10 encryption key locally

twinbytes

There must be a way to delete an encryption key that was created on a computer.  I know I can decrypt files while the key still exists, but please read carefully my unique situation.

I had to recover data for a customer who had encrypted files, I need to install the encryption key on my computer temporarily to recover the data off there and onto a USB drive so it can then transfer to their freshly installed Windows on their computer.  I don't want to keep their encryption key on my computer so I want to know how to remove the key from my Windows 10 pro.

Thanks in advance.

18 minutes ago, twinbytes said:

There must be a way to delete an encryption key that was created on a computer.  I know I can decrypt files while the key still exists, but please read carefully my unique situation.

I had to recover data for a customer who had encrypted files, I need to install the encryption key on my computer temporarily to recover the data off there and onto a USB drive so it can then transfer to their freshly installed Windows on their computer.  I don't want to keep their encryption key on my computer so I want to know how to remove the key from my Windows 10 pro.

Thanks in advance.

I decided to search using different key terms and I found my answer here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772354(v=ws.11).aspx

Hope it helps someone else.