DirectPlay 9.0c & Intel PRO/1000 GT on 98SE

Feamane

well I have 98lite chubby + SP 3.5x + 98se2ME + RP9 and mine doesn't hang.  I'm using Directx 8.1 btw

But my setup is really different than yours.  I am not using sleek.  I am using ME shell + IE6 unofficial patched + RP9.

I run a 3dfx Voodoo 3500 for glide gaming and I have a voodoo 2 in the same box for compatibility with some games like Shadow Warrior.  SO i don't use DX9c.  I think anygame that uses DX9c I can run on my XP computer that actually runs the DX9 games better than 98 does.  I see no point in DX9 gaming on 98.

I use the simple registry tweak from Speed Guide sguide_tweak_9x.zip btw.  I dont use the full optimizer.

Clipboard01.jpg

Edited by Destro

Well, it would be a bummer to have to move from Win98 to XP on my four LAN party PCs just to be able to play one game so I'd like to poke around and see if it can work.  I guess nobody has the combination of Win98/DX9c-DP/Intel PRO1000GT working to compare notes with.  The annoying part is that DxDiag just hangs, if it gave off some kind of error message I'd have someplace to start.  Is there some kind of tool I can run in the background that might give me some idea of where DxDiag is hanging?  Maybe the Intel drivers just suck?

BTW, I tried running the DxDiag in KernelEx XP mode and that didn't change anything.  So I guess KernelEx is no help in this case.

Thanks,

DJ

Not that there is anything wrong with that but no one is going to be able cure symptomsbut you..  If you want to fix your problem than its up to you to trouble shoot it by reinstalling windows different, trying different drivers on fresh installs, installing updates like SP 3.5.  trying 98se2me. Using different installer packages instead of stripped down or bugged ones.  Figuring that out.   Incrementally installing DX like try install DX 7 then 8 then 9 who knows on top of each other.  What you have is a rare problem.  It could be that it has to do with the way you have set up your computers that other people dont set it up like that thats why only you or very few have the issue.