WinXP Drivers for GTX 9xx and 10xx video cards

Mike100

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-BOARD/NVIDIA/NVIDIA-GeForce-iCafe-Graphics-Driver-36891-for-XP.shtml

On 1/11/2018 at 5:44 PM, Mike100 said:

Hello . In the past I heard of some tries for creating WinXP drivers for the GTX 10xx (GTX 1060 etc) video cards , so I'd like to ask if there has been any development yet .

12 hours ago, Windows 2000 said:

I'd also like to know if there's any progress with the drivers.

6 hours ago, Windows 2000 said:

Actually, I'm looking for Nvidia GTX 1050Ti driver.

The Palit GT 1030 KalmX has been on my radar, but I settled for an Asus GT710-SL-2GD5 instead just last week because of a lack of XP drivers.  It's an upgrade from the Zotac GT 610 Zone Edition I had before, but it's not as big as I had hoped for.  Hopefully the support range will be increased for the above driver package.

12 hours ago, Windows 2000 said:

Actually, I'm looking for Nvidia GTX 1050Ti driver.

not possible, only the early 10x series are supported,because after the driver 372.70 the full support for vista has been dropped (supports 1080 1070 and 1060 only) that too a modified driver not officially supported.

unless someone can modify it like this softpedia one its not possible, you can ofcourse try to install 1060GTX Drivers im quite sure it would work but dont expect any performance from it,you can expect some video playback and be able to play some low powered games it wont utilise your gfx like intended :)

Edited by burd

3 hours ago, Windows 2000 said:

And is there a proof that the unofficial driver completely would support GTX 1060, because I might consider buying it if so.

cant say for sure because no one here has a 1060gtx on windows xp, i think im the only one with 1060GTX on vista, go for a 970-980gtx i would highly recommend,the modded drivers will enable your gfx but will not utilize it more than 30-40%, unless you can find a way to do so im afraid,you could always try the 1060gtx and if it doesnt satisfy you, you can use windows 7+

Forgive me for asking , but I didn't understand something above : is there an "unofficial driver" for GTX 1060 ?

And by the way , I do have a GTX 1060 and WinXP . In fact I have more than one hard disks and , depending on the operating system I boot from , I use a different card (I have plugged in my motherboard two cards ; a GTX 1060 and a GTX 580) . I am not an expert on PCs , but if you want me to try something , tell me .

And one more thing : I had tried the 368.91 drivers from iCafe , but the system still could not detect the GTX 1060 card . They did got installed (although there were some messages that poped-up (I can't remember if they were error messages because it's been a while since I installed them) , but the GTX 1060 card still remained an unknown device . Although the other card (the GTX 580) does work fine with these drivers .

Edited by Mike100

6 hours ago, Mike100 said:

Forgive me for asking , but I didn't understand something above : is there an "unofficial driver" for GTX 1060 ?

And by the way , I do have a GTX 1060 and WinXP . In fact I have more than one hard disks and , depending on the operating system I boot from , I use a different card (I have plugged in my motherboard two cards ; a GTX 1060 and a GTX 580) . I am not an expert on PCs , but if you want me to try something , tell me .

And one more thing : I had tried the 368.91 drivers from iCafe , but the system still could not detect the GTX 1060 card . They did got installed (although there were some messages that poped-up (I can't remember if they were error messages because it's been a while since I installed them) , but the GTX 1060 card still remained an unknown device . Although the other card (the GTX 580) does work fine with these drivers .

try the other ones? there are 368.69 and 368.81,ive modified the inf to support windows vista and they work, you could try the same and have some luck? the inf itself doesnt have GTX 1060(only 1080 and 1070). if you can try these then we can know for sure if XP would support these cards even a little. :)

Edited by burd

I can't find those ones (368.69 and 368.81) . You are talking about iCafe drivers or someone else's ? Because the next iCafe driver just before the 368.91 seems to be the 361 .

If the inf file does not have GTX 1060 should I do something in order to add it ? My question might sound stupid , but I am asking because I wonder in that case how will the system recognize a device which is not listed in the driver ?

I read a few months here in this forum , in another topic , that from some point onward , the structure of the drivers changed radically . I can't remember the old and the new name , but they said something that in order to make the driver available fro WinXP there had to be done something equally radical . Of course I wish it to happen !

And one last thing : how can I install an older version of drivers ? Just by double clicking the file like I normally do , or I must do something else ? Because up to now I have installed only drivers of later version .

18 hours ago, Mike100 said:

I can't find those ones (368.69 and 368.81) . You are talking about iCafe drivers or someone else's ? Because the next iCafe driver just before the 368.91 seems to be the 361 .

If the inf file does not have GTX 1060 should I do something in order to add it ? My question might sound stupid , but I am asking because I wonder in that case how will the system recognize a device which is not listed in the driver ?

I read a few months here in this forum , in another topic , that from some point onward , the structure of the drivers changed radically . I can't remember the old and the new name , but they said something that in order to make the driver available fro WinXP there had to be done something equally radical . Of course I wish it to happen !

And one last thing : how can I install an older version of drivers ? Just by double clicking the file like I normally do , or I must do something else ? Because up to now I have installed only drivers of later version .

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-BOARD/NVIDIA/NVIDIA-GeForce-Graphics-Driver-36881-for-XP-64-bit.shtml
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-BOARD/NVIDIA/NVIDIA-GeForce-Graphics-Driver-36869-for-XP-64-bit.shtml

You need to add your device id into the inf file, it will use the GTX 1070 driver which is present. You can try double clicking and trying to install 368.81 it might install without any modifications, have a go at it. The Device will be used by 1070 Drivers mainly due to lack of 1060 drivers (cant confirm this for the driver 368.81). I suggest you try installing 368.81 normally and if it doesnt recognize your gfx then you might aswell consider modifying the inf (not that tough honestly)
Installing old drivers should be fine,ive done it many times for testing purposes on vista. Also These Arent icafe drivers. If you're confused how to modify the inf file just google it (you will understand faster and easier).
Also Thanks for testing this out it would confirm alot about the 10X GFX series

Edited by burd

I looked in both webpages . They say that the drivers are for various cards , but none is fot GTX 10x0 . Is this right ?

In order not to do something wrong , could you modify the inf file for GTX 1060 ? Or it has to do with something specifically in my machine ? Because if it is the second , then I guess I will do it myself :unsure: .

On 1/26/2018 at 5:50 PM, Mike100 said:

I looked in both webpages . They say that the drivers are for various cards , but none is fot GTX 10x0 . Is this right ?

In order not to do something wrong , could you modify the inf file for GTX 1060 ? Or it has to do with something specifically in my machine ? Because if it is the second , then I guess I will do it myself :unsure: .

upload the inf file and your tell me your gfx device id from device manager,anyone can do it for you,maybe even me if i get the chance

Edited by burd