WinXP Drivers for GTX 9xx and 10xx video cards

Mike100

26 minutes ago, icinemagr said:

What is your problem you can install easy GTX 1060 drivers on XP  I change 2 lines in the drivers and i have a full working system.

We need some proof more than just a line of text. At best 2D acceleration would work if you're very lucky, because 3D acceleration won't work at all.

Also make sure that the GTX 1060 is actually a real GTX 1060, not just a chinese ripoff, so make sure you provide the screenshot of the output of GPU-Z.

12 hours ago, IntMD said:

We need some proof more than just a line of text. At best 2D acceleration would work if you're very lucky, because 3D acceleration won't work at all.

Also make sure that the GTX 1060 is actually a real GTX 1060, not just a chinese ripoff, so make sure you provide the screenshot of the output of GPU-Z.

No 3D Is not Working but everything else works FINE.
All i did it was to chanhe 2 Lines in the inf text file of the driver Icafe. And Everything Installed Fine.

My Hardware
Gigabyte Z270 K3 gaming ( chipset 300) 
GPU Nvidia 1060 6G
CPU   Intel i7700K

6 minutes ago, icinemagr said:

No 3D Is not Working but everything else works FINE.
All i did it was to chanhe 2 Lines in the inf text file of the driver Icafe. And Everything Installed Fine.

My Hardware
Gigabyte Z270 K3 gaming ( chipset 300) 
GPU Nvidia 1060 6G
CPU   Intel i7700K

Ahh, so that is to be expected. A friend of mine modded the latest drivers for the exact same card for XP installed on an asrock z170 pro4s mobo - same thing happened.

1 hour ago, IntMD said:

Ahh, so that is to be expected. A friend of mine modded the latest drivers for the exact same card for XP installed on an asrock z170 pro4s mobo - same thing happened.

Its very easy to do it.
Open file nvic.inf from The drivers ( icafe 380.91 i used ) 
Add the follow line  in [Strings] section

NVIDIA_DEV.1402 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950"

->>>>>>>>>>>  NVIDIA_DEV.10DE = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060"

NVIDIA_DEV.1407 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750"

Then in [NVIDIA_Devices.NTx86.5.1] Add the follow line
--->>>>>>>>>  %NVIDIA_DEV.10DE%           = Section001, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C03

INSTALL as normal

Enjoy GTX 1060 or what other card you have by doing the same thing and you done.

Everything is working fine with 2 monitors 

2 hours ago, icinemagr said:

Its very easy to do it.
Open file nvic.inf from The drivers ( icafe 380.91 i used ) 
Add the follow line  in [Strings] section

NVIDIA_DEV.1402 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950"

->>>>>>>>>>>  NVIDIA_DEV.10DE = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060"

NVIDIA_DEV.1407 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750"

Then in [NVIDIA_Devices.NTx86.5.1] Add the follow line
--->>>>>>>>>  %NVIDIA_DEV.10DE%           = Section001, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C03

INSTALL as normal

Enjoy GTX 1060 or what other card you have by doing the same thing and you done.

Everything is working fine with 2 monitors 

I and my friend know how to do it, it's just that GTX 10xx cards are hit-or-miss on XP, and that i was worrying about.

On 1/5/2020 at 10:02 AM, IntMD said:

I and my friend know how to do it, it's just that GTX 10xx cards are hit-or-miss on XP, and that i was worrying about.

I thought it wasn't possible at all?

27 minutes ago, i430VX said:

I thought it wasn't possible at all?

whether is possible, depends on which card (a few of 'em), whereas the only thing you can get working is only 2d acceleration.

Edited by IntMD

2 hours ago, IntMD said:

whether is possible, depends on which card (a few of 'em), whereas the only thing you can get working is only 2d acceleration.

I am pretty sure due to personal experience that the success rate is 100% with the whole pascal lineup, although as you mentioned, only 2d acceleration is possible.

Edited by Windows 2000

• 5 weeks later...

Small clarification (on the NVidia iCafe Drivers 368.81 and 368.91 for XP)

The XP-64bit driver may (or may not) support some 10x0, but they are not listed in the files. @Burd claims success with inf-modding.

The XP-32bit definitely does NOT. Inf-modding was tried by several users, to no avail. Thanks to @Dibya for pointing out...

3 hours ago, ragnargd said:

Small clarification (on the NVidia iCafe Drivers 368.81 and 368.91 for XP)

The XP-64bit driver may (or may not) support some 10x0, but they are not listed in the files. @Burd claims success with inf-modding.

The XP-32bit definitely does NOT. Inf-modding was tried by several users, to no avail. Thanks to @Dibya for pointing out...

I absolutely agree.  In most of my experiments the installation can be made to run, but after reboot the driver doesn't load.  Also, where I did get 10x to actually load they were either extremely unreliable or were easily out-performed by older fully compatible cards.  For my own system I went for a Palit GTX 750 ti which has proved to work very well and infact much better than some 10x cards I tested.

• 2 months later...

I had a look at this thread on guru3d again (Jaclaz find):

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nvidia-geforce-icafe-expresso-368-91-whql-desktop-driver.408957/

A user named maur0 sayeth this:

>> what driver is more good this or 368.95 hotfix?
>>17/07 368.91
>>20/07 368.95
>>3 days older

So there may be even a hotfix... But the only thing i located was from microsoft update (in a cab file) for W10 32bit... i guess something like that doesn't necessarily even exist for XP, so don't hold your breath...

Ah, btw, I pulled the XP 32bit iCafe-driver 368.91, as per the guru3d thread, both from nvidia china, and softpedia, and guess what, neither the 10x0 are in the inf, NOR are the GTX 970/980/etc. ! (the drivers are identical)

If you want to use the GTX 970 +, you have to inf-mod, eos.

The only decision you have to make is wether you take the .81 or the .91 as your base.

(i did NOT succeed 100% with the .91 driver yet, but that may be due to my limited skill-set, i get exceptions, and SLI is not working)

I just found this one:

uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/344.11/344.11-desktop-winxp-32bit-international.exe

Supports GTX 970 and GTX 980. Works. No SLI detected by the driver, though (which is active on W10).

Somehow, NVidia is inconsistent with their support-politics...

Now, look at this:

Edited by ragnargd
report about attempt, found 347.88

• 8 months later...

sorry to post on a article that hasn't been posted on for more than half of a year. but XP64-bit is harder to get drivers for isnt it. i need functional drivers for a GTX1060. i tried inf modding but on startup windows XP Bluescreens because of nv4_mini.sys

sorry to post on a article that hasn't been posted on for more than half of a year. but XP64-bit is harder to get drivers for isnt it.

Well, at least where nVidia's concerned, the whole XP family's in the same boat. It was actually here that I learned it was possible to inf mod 368.81 so that the XP family (including XP64) can use it for the GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) and so I specifically sought that card so I could take advantage on my XP64 rig.

I don't think anyone's made progress on getting any 10xx cards working with any of the XP family. It's looking like right now, if you can get a driver and a 10xx card to play nice with XP64, you're likely going to be seeing worse performance than you would with a 9xx card.

17 hours ago, TrevMUN said:

Well, at least where nVidia's concerned, the whole XP family's in the same boat. It was actually here that I learned it was possible to inf mod 368.81 so that the XP family (including XP64) can use it for the GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) and so I specifically sought that card so I could take advantage on my XP64 rig.

I don't think anyone's made progress on getting any 10xx cards working with any of the XP family. It's looking like right now, if you can get a driver and a 10xx card to play nice with XP64, you're likely going to be seeing worse performance than you would with a 9xx card.

well. im speaking from XP now. using the integrated graphics. this machine has 4 OS's installed. and is my main PC. i modded the 368.81 driver. and on startup it bluescreened with the System file i mentioned listed as the cause(nv4_mini.sys)

Edited by ScrapMechanicFan2016
does XP64-bit get a Extended kernel?