[VESA]UniGFX Graphics Driver

Dibya

Thanks @Dibya for the reply.   

@jaclaz I'm a native English speaker and your reply to me came across as a bit clumsy and rude to Dibya. I get your point but IMHO there are nicer ways to say it ;)   BUT I don't have any interest in an argument over it

17 hours ago, jaclaz said:

I did a lot of internal (and also external) studies of your sentence and (unfortunately) cannot make heads or tails of it.

I understood it perfectly fine.

HOWEVER, it took DECADES of practice as I work for a very diverse global company and "see" and "hear" that type of sentence structure every minute of the day.

English is a very VERY difficult language to learn.  Or so I'm told, I've been speaking it since the days of sleeping with a Teddy Bear so I cannot speak from firsthand experience.

On 7/18/2023 at 7:49 AM, Dibya said:

VBEMP-NT exist , a similar product, my point is their no point for re engineering wheel so the project moved to full HW accelerated MESA based driver for future.

More you can read here https://github.com/JHRobotics/mesa9x

As i said their no plan for now,

I don't get it. Mesa9x v21.3.8.20 is emulator of HW openGL from windows 98\ME. What is have to do with universal VESA Graphics driver with hardware acceleration for XP?

Can some one explain me?

6 hours ago, jumper said:

KMDOD is a WDDM sample for Vista and later, not XP.

Does this matter? StorAhci was sample for 8 and now we have XP compatible code.

Even If it will work only for Vista - 7 then its fine, we need to solve more Generic GPU issues on 5.1 - 6.1.

I just checked how Kai modded his code to make it WDK 7.1 compatible. 

I have these samples for 8.0 so its same branch as Storahci. I hope its possible to compile it using WDK 7.1 then we can get XP-7 compatible driver

21 hours ago, George King said:

Does this matter? StorAhci was sample for 8 and now we have XP compatible code.

Even If it will work only for Vista - 7 then its fine, we need to solve more Generic GPU issues on 5.1 - 6.1.

I just checked how Kai modded his code to make it WDK 7.1 compatible. 

I have these samples for 8.0 so its same branch as Storahci. I hope its possible to compile it using WDK 7.1 then we can get XP-7 compatible driver

WDM is totally different display model than XDDM

Storeport is not deeply  entranced in Win32K.sys & NTOSKRNL , Displaypor but Display driver model is.

4 hours ago, Dibya said:

WDM is totally different display model than XDDM

Should read "WDDM is..." (WDM is an unrelated driver model, not a display model at all.)

Edited by jumper