Finally...back.

smallhagrid

I joined here years back, and have just re-made my membership here after it vanished somehow ??

Yes, visits here became quite infrequent and then ceased for a while sometime back due to a change in my focus & OSes used...as it 'splains in my profile here:

The OS drop down here does not include any flavours of Linux...but it should !!

I quit bothering with newer MS OSes after seeing what XP SP3 was shoving down the user's throats.

Worst of all is that even with 7 - there is no way to get back even simple, good things like the goodness of Explorer as it was under XP.

The classic desktop STILL has its place - and there are those of us in significant numbers who prefer that paradigm, even if we lack the expertise to make it so within the newer OSes.

Thank goodness that Linux fills that gap so very well.

My interests in whatever activities prolong the uses of XP & Win2kpro have brought me here once again.

There are daily use apps which I prefer that run well under those OSes - either natively or within VMs & these as well as other native Linux apps provide all that I need for my daily activities.

There is only illusory 'security' as regards internut activities, and seeing all the newer stuff that has provided only illusory 'protection' from all the nefarious malwares which appear minute by minute - I see no purpose being served in wasting life energies or attention upon such false premises and/or the updating hysteria that those false premises create.

Just my 2 cents here.

I remain a happy XP user & require nobody's approval in that matter - but do welcome friendly and/or helpful info which contributes to this happiness.

smallhagrid

PS: Please, no nastygrams in reply telling me how wrong I am, etc., etc., etc. ad nauseum - been there, don't desire any re-runs, thanks.