Windows 10 Activity History

alacran

I found an interesting info I want to share with you:

Windows 10 collects and saves your activity history both on your computer and to the cloud, from browsing history to location information to everything in between. Luckily Microsoft makes it easy to see all the data that is being stored, and also makes it easy to delete it.

What Data Does Windows 10 Track?

The data that Windows collects includes:

Edge browsing history
Bing search history
Location data (if it's enabled)
Cortana voice commands
If you use Microsoft's HealthVault or the Microsoft Band device, any activity collected through that service is also stored. Microsoft says it collects this data in order to provide you with more relevant results and content that is of interest to you.

How to Delete Windows 10 Activity History

You can easily see what data has been stored and how to delete it. There are two ways you can clear your activity history: either directly within your computer's settings or in your Microsoft cloud account. To do it on your computer, do the following:

Go to Settings > Privacy > Activity History.
Under Clear Activity History, click the Clear button.
If you want to prevent Windows from continuing to collect this data, under Collect Activities toggle off the option: Let Windows collect my activities.

How to View Windows 10 Activity History

Go to Settings > Privacy > Activity History and click Manage my activity info.

A browser window will open up, and you may be prompted to log into your account if you aren't already logged in. You can also reach this page by going to account.microsoft.com/privacy/activity-history.

Here, you should see your data divided into the categories listed above: Browsing History, Search History, Location Activity, Voice Activity, Cortana's Notebook, and Health Activity. You can view and clear data in each section, by clicking the clear data button that corresponds with each section, and click the button confirming that you want to delete it.

You can also click on the Activity History tab to will view a full list of all data types: voice, search, browsing history, and location information. Microsoft also makes it easy to filter down to each category by clicking on it.

Source: https://www.gadgetsnow.com/how-to/how-to-view-and-delete-all-your-windows-10-activity-history/articleshow/62102726.cms

What do you think about this?

alacran

So you can only view your data by logging into a website and seeing it there? Nothing stored locally? Would be interesting to know if you could monitor the activity before and after disabling it, and seeing if anything is still being tracked after disabling even if that website doesn't show anything.

As I commented on the other board where Alacran posted:

http://reboot.pro/topic/21660-windows-10-activity-history/

the name of the actual Registry key invoilved is IMHO saying something:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/100341-enable-disable-collect-activity-history-windows-10-a.html

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

PublishUserActivities DWORD

0 = Disable
 1 = Enable

PublishUserActivities :w00t::ph34r:

jaclaz

Never believe it. Microsoft tries to mimic Google in the user side of managing the data it collects but until they give up the "telemetry" stuff I can take an oath that they are just fooling their clients (after spying them first).:angry:

• 1 month later...

When you do a task in windows 10, it keeps it in record and slowly and gradually the record is piled up with as a hoard. This puts an adverse impact on the performance of a computer more ever makes a hole in privacy. So, you should remove these stuff on regular basis. You can find a method for this here:-

How to Clear Activity History in Windows 10