Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
greenhillmaniac

Windows NT 5.x PT-PT Update Repository

I've been meaning to do this for some time now, but I finally got the will to do it... Introducing the NT 5.x PT-PT Update Repository! Feast your eyes on over 400 updates for Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP SP3 and Windows Server 2003 SP2 combined, all localized in portuguese of Portugal. Including some XP hotfixes recomended by this board, old Internet Explorer and Media Player versions. Might not be for everyone (heck, who here speaks the tongue of Camões?), but I think it should still be here for posterity's sake, and for any Internet lurkers we might find, who will most certainly need these updates.

FAQ:

Why didn't you include the updates for XP x64 or Server 2003 x64?

These version of Windows are not localized for PT-PT.

I'm not seeing update KBXXXXXXX!

Let me know and I'll be sure to track it down.

Where are the XP Embedded updates, that go past XP's EOL?

Since updates for that version of Windows are still going, I plan on adding them AFTER 2019, (hopefully before Microsoft pulls them from their servers, like they did to Windows 9x updates in 2009 :thumbdown). So here you'll find updates for XP until April 2014.

How did you do this?

I used a nifty tool called Portable Update, that uses the OS's built in Windows Update engine to track down needed updates and download them into a folder. I did this to fresh installs of 2000, XP and Server 2003, with only a few updates needed to get the Update engine going (like Windows Update engine 3.0, Internet Explorer 8, Windows Installer 4.5, ...). You can get the tool here if you plan to do what I did, but for your native language.

Do you plan on doing the same thing for Vista/7/8/8.1/10?

Starting with Windows Vista, updates have been language agnostic, meaning the update file already contains all the files for all supported languages. This means there's no need to collect updates specific to one language (except for a few isolated cases, like Windows Live Essentials, Windows XP Mode, ...). So the answer to that is maybe.

Do you have anything like this for Windows 95/98/ME?

Unfortunately, no. AFAIK, PT-PT updates for those OS's are practically gone, since most of the stuff everybody archived is for EN-US, so the only way to find other language specific updates is to scourge through archive.org, or be lucky enough to find good folks who have the version you need (I got lucky and found PT-PT versions of IE 4.01 SP2 and IE 5.5, for example)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Hi greenhillmaniac,

A few years ago (February of 2011, so a few months before the windows v4 site shutdown) I retrieved Windows ME updates in order to install them on a machine that had no internet connection. On the other day I stumbled across these while looking for a file, so if any tuga is interested in this, here they are in their PT-PT glory:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/n4cqwuen0b68b/winmillennium-updates

Cheers

Hi! Could you update the links for the W2K updates? I'm trying to make an updated W2K iso in PTG and sadly those mega links are broken and I cant find these updates anywhere else.

Obrigado!

Also it would be nice if someone had the windows 98 updates in ptpt...

Do you still have the updates? If so please update the links because these are broken. :D

On 10/11/2020 at 10:31 AM, Regele said:

Do you still have the updates? If so please update the links because these are broken. :D

Forgot about this thread. I rearranged some items in my Mega account, and those links got expired. I'll update them as soon as I can.

• Like 1