Windows PT-PT Update Repository

greenhillmaniac

Hiya Gang!  It's been a long while since I've been around.  I kind of figured things would have winded down with XP by now, but it looks like the faithful troops have been keeping it alive and breathing, and I'm happy to see it!  I've been plugging away with my old XP system since the big update shut down.  What have I missed?  Are we now getting new updates?  Is there a thread or post someone could direct me to, to get me caught up on what happened?  I'm not sure if I should be getting any new updates or leave well enough alone.

15 hours ago, SD73 said:

Hiya Gang!  It's been a long while since I've been around.  I kind of figured things would have winded down with XP by now, but it looks like the faithful troops have been keeping it alive and breathing, and I'm happy to see it!  I've been plugging away with my old XP system since the big update shut down.  What have I missed?  Are we now getting new updates?  Is there a thread or post someone could direct me to, to get me caught up on what happened?  I'm not sure if I should be getting any new updates or leave well enough alone.

Hi. I believe there were new updates a couple of years ago, but I don't know if they were released in PT-PT   :S

For collecting, I would like to find those updates and save them along with all the other PT-PT Microsoft stuff I got, but I probably wouldn't install them on my WinXP machine because I'm afraid it would make it more slow.

On 11/14/2022 at 6:25 PM, greenhillmaniac said:

AFAIK Microsoft only started localizing Windows with 95. Windows 3.1 was only released in Brazilian. On WinWorld you'll find Word 6.0 and Excel 5.0 in Portuguese of Portugal so I guess that makes them the oldest MS software to be localized in our language (even though the installers are in Brazilian, so not all components were localized).

As for the update link, there's not a single one and could come from various sources, like Microsoft Update, the Download Center and the dedicated pages for Windows 9x Corporate Downloads, that usually hosted all language variants of an update. The weirdest thing I found was that some updates weren't even available in PT-PT, such as the Windows 98 SP1. My advice to get started is to find a list of all updates released for your OS of choice, track the KB number and search on Archive.org with the following link: support.microsoft.com/kb/xxxxxx. Good luck!

Hi,

I asked around the betaarchive forum and someone sent me to here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160810101626/https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/goglobal/ff678782

It seems there is a PT-PT version of Windows 3.1, MS-DOS 5 and MS-DOS 6.22.

If someone ever manages to get images of these OSs in PT-PT please let me know. Thanks.