Windows 7 networking - something eating my samba connection limit, how to debug it?

ruthan

Hello,
i have Widnows 7 networking, between clients and NAS (Win. Ultimate) and after few years of no problem, i started to have problem with access to my shares from other clients computers.

It seems that something is consuming my connection and their limit is reached, after restart is everything ok, for max. day.

When i try to access, i got message like - This file server will not allow any additional users to log on. Try to connect again later, but at same time from different 
machine its working. Im using same user credential on all machines, its just workgroup.
  Network shares are set for maximal number of connection which is i thing 20.

I not sure, if this is cause of my problems, but i did some samba parameters tweaking for access from Windows XP machines. 

It could be some spyware or something like that, but machine looks clean.

Avira Antivirus is installated on all machines.

Is all machines are Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate.

Is there tool to monitor number of connections? 

1 only user in network at 95% of time and i can be at 1 pc at the time.

Its not HW problem, because access from Teamviewer and Remote destkop this works fine.

How to debug this problem?

Edited by ruthan

Create a batch script .bat

Paste this command.  c:\windows\system32\NET.exe SESSION /DELETE /Y

Schedule the task scheduler to run it once a day.

This will disconnect all sessions and clean up the sessions on a regular basis.

There maybe another way to just set the idle session for each connection to the computer.  I would investigate that.  So you can disconnect idle sessions to free up resources.

The problem is not that its max 20 connections its that some of your computers are creating multiple sessions and its not disconnecting them,.

Edited by Destro

Schedule the task scheduler to run it once a day.

If im not wrong this would kill active / actually used connection too, isnt there something like kill only connection without activity for X minutes, or something like that?

disable auto disconnect. net config server /autodisconnect:-1

reboot. Map your network drive. 

This is a perm fix for Mapped drives disconnecting.

your issue is yes it is 20 max session but that doesn't mean 20 computers connected.  A single computer can consume multiple sessions.  Becasue windows 7 isn't flushing those connections it is building up to 20 and locking you out.  So either flush the connections or Map the drives and turn auto disconnect off.

Edited by Destro