How to fix a corrupted PowerPoint PPTX file

despairing

This is the wrong forum section to post in but because no one can probably give u a better answer I will try and give you some advice.   You have really only 2 options.  Both of them are not very good since you know that your file is gone.  Just like I do.  And you should of made back ups.   You can try looking for a TMP file version of the file in your user folder temp files and pray that theres a copy of your file in there that is undamaged.  You can try installing pirform Recova and pray that it can somhow find an old deleted recoverable version of your file.  Other than that there is nothing.  If I gota explain to you how you would go about finding TMP files or where that folder is I am not going to do it.

Microsoft will try to act like there is a solution to this kinda problem but all solutions lead to making a new presentation.  Make sure that you make copys of your current presentation and rename the copys so that you have back ups.  If you find a TMP version make a copy of it and rename the copy etc.  try to open the copys in case that maybe the originals were just resting on a bad sector of the HDD or something,

Edited by Destro

1 hour ago, Destro said:

This is the wrong forum section to post in but because no one can probably give u a better answer

It is the correct section, but this thread was made as a honeypot for spambots. 99% of the time a thread like this is made, the user does not actually have this problem.

Once any spam posts are made into a thread like this, make sure to use the report button on them.