IE 11 on Windows 8

HarryTri

51 minutes ago, HarryTri said:

Sorry if I caused confusion, I'm here to answer your questions.

Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17621/internet-explorer-downloads

If you select Windows 8/8.1 it says that there is no IE 11 for Windows 8, if you select Windows 7 you can download IE 11 for Windows 7.

File: EIE11_EL-GR_WOL_WIN764.EXE (the greek version), version 11.0.0.7, size 57,2 MB.

Here I must make a confession. Until now I haven't installed IE 11 (I preferred to stay with IE 10 for the moment). I have started the installation to check If it installs but I haven't finished it. Today I did a complete installation to check what happens. It installs alright (at least so it says), reaches the point where it says "You have installed Internet Explorer 11. You must restart your computer etc.", I restart and I still have IE 10! I haven't seen anything like that before.:ph34r: I submit the contents of the IE11_main.log file in Windows folder:

I tried several times and this is always the output. If anybody can understand what goes on and tell me too it will be appreciated!

epic fail......everyone with me now.......

Triple-Facepalm-Star-Trek.jpg

3 hours ago, Destro said:

Install 8.1 service pack and you will have 11.

That is obvious. Then again, no one in this thread is interested in the obvious, but you. What might be relevant was if someone had fond a way to install IE11 on Windows 8.0, of course!

but y tho.  This thread was never about installing IE 11 on 8.0 this thread is a face palm.  I am willing to  bet this thread is about, microsoft webserver reading the users browwser string and giving a defualt web page to anyone that has windows 8.  I bet you I can change my browser string to windows 8 on my windows 98 computer and it will say the same d*** thing. 

Edited by Destro

Sez u. Thread title and 1st post are crystal clear subject is IE 11 on 8.0. Then again, there's nothing more to discuss here, so let's move on.
==============

Later addition: According to the ENU Wikipedia, IE11 was officially released for Win 8.1 on 17 October 2013, and only later, on 7 November 2013, for Win 7 SP1. Now, the 17 October 2013 date is qite significant, because that's the day Win 8.1 itself was officially released. Those dates make it quite improbable (but not impossible, of course!) that any version of IE11 ever accepted installation on top of Win 8.0, unless it was a preview or leaked pre-release version, IMHO.