KernelEX for XP.

Destro

I know Dibya was working on this before but I couldn't find the thread.  I really have only 1 request.  To get WSRMacros.msi working on XP.

Thats windows speech recognition macros engine.  basically it is a plugin to work off native XP speak recognition that u can install with either SDK or Office.  That way you can make Macros to tell the computer what to do.  I was able to Install the Program but kernel32 DLL missing functions of course.  i was able to patch it with ALKY and get it to run but i think it just still doesn't work and I can't bring up the menu and have to task kill it to close it.

Anyways I just my opinion Dibya is you were trying to add way to many functions to your kernel EX should just start small with a few things.  Make a list of things that you think can run and only make it run for that until people start requesting additional functionality.

Not going to work.  With Alky I actually got further in launching the application and It appearing in the Tray, even though it didn't work.  With Xompie I can't launch it at all.

Missing functions in shell32, so I patch shell32.  Then missing functions in shellxp.dll

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg

18 minutes ago, Destro said:

Not going to work.  With Alky I actually got further in launching the application and It appearing in the Tray, even though it didn't work.  With Xompie I can't launch it at all.

Missing functions in shell32, so I patch shell32.  Then missing functions in shellxp.dll

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg

You should use patch with xompie SendTo menu on the folder, not only the EXE.

Do you  want dependency walker on patched file? With Xompie? or vanilla (unpatched).

3 issues.

Shell32.dll

SHCreateItemFromParsingName

MPR.dll

WnetRestoreConnectionA

IESHIMS.DLL

This file doesn't exist on XP it is Internet Explorer 9+ file.  I don't think it's critical or even needed.

Clipboard03.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Edited by Destro

Becasue I don't wan't to use something like Dragon naturally speaking.  I have a copy of that but I wanted to be able to use Microsoft speech engine, and build my own.  Doesn't matter, it's never going to happen, unless someone like BWC starts using XP and decides to do it.  Right now theres no one like that in the XP community.

15 hours ago, Destro said:

Becasue I don't wan't to use something like Dragon naturally speaking.  I have a copy of that but I wanted to be able to use Microsoft speech engine, and build my own.  Doesn't matter, it's never going to happen, unless someone like BWC starts using XP and decides to do it.  Right now theres no one like that in the XP community.

Will still say that ? I already added your needed function only left for me test.

For your kind information XP community has many BWC and better people like Samuka . Not a single genius . I can't say about other people at least your words harted me so far.