Soundblaster Recon3Di (= Creative® Sound Core 3D) XP 32bit driver

ruthan

Hello,
im trying second board (GA X99-Gaming 5P) for X99 XP projects after install it looks quite good (Lan is working, USB2 is working), but no Sound on integrated sound card.

Card is:
Soundblaster Recon3Di 

HardwareIDs:
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_0011&SUBSYS_1458A036&REV_1009
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_0011&SUBSYS_1458A036

Compatible IDs:
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_0011&REV_1009
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_0011
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01

I hoped that i would able to force Windows universal 32bit driver, i can but after installation i got error code 39 - missing or corrupted file, its maybe some not necessary control panel for this sound card,
which is not copied during - forced inf installation, but i dont know, how to bypass that.

There is driver package fro Windows 7 32bit:
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_audio_creative_x99.zip

Even i try its installer i get message that is for Vista+

Any help apprenticed.. 

Edited by ruthan

Probably will not work because It doesn't use a creative chipset that is resembles anything that would run on XP like X-FI for example.  Remember that the audio subsystem on widows Vista/7/8/10 is different than 2k/xp/2003/2003x64. Microsoft removed the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) for DirectSound and DirectSound3D in Vista+  

So chances that you could hack the driver to work is subsequently zero since it fundamentally different

That is the Driver version I opened in Orca.  There isn't XP drivers for that chip,  I tried to extract the MSI and I wasn't good enough.  And I didnt feel like spending forever trying to figure out how to crack the driver file open because I don't have the card so it would refuse to instal the driver.  I could figure it out and get the raw driver for vista 3d bit or whatever but like I said I don't think it would ever work since the Audio subsystem is so different I doubt i would ever work. So i' m no gonna waste time with it,.  Best thing to do is just disable it in BIOS/hardware and instal a Card that will work on XP like Audigy or Xfi.

Edited by Destro

Thanks for your effort, i can confirm that this driver is not working too.

Every free pci-e slot counts, switching 2 soundcards for dual boot is annoying.. So its worth a try for me.

Best card from compatibility view is probably Realtek HD, but problem is that not exist as PCI-E addon card as far as i know..

I also tried to PCI-E to PCI adapter and Creative Audigy ZS - because of Windows 98 + DOS compatiblity (because in general Win98 are running on X99 board), but this card is not working my adapter (Asmedia chipset), other cards (NICs) are working. 
   So i will probably use for SB Xfi PCI-E card for XP+

Edited by ruthan

I am actually surprised you can get win 98 to even boot or behave correctly on that board In general I always believed 915 chipset was the last intel chipset that worked on XP.

good old 440BX is what I use for 98/Dos.

Edited by Destro

On 11/12/2017 at 6:24 PM, ruthan said:

Best card from compatibility view is probably Realtek HD, but problem is that not exist as PCI-E addon card as far as i know..

Don't know if this will help, but the Soundblaster Audigy FX (not RX) PCIe card uses a Realtek chip.

I don't think 98 can do HD audio bus correct me if I'm wrong.  The only Realtek chips that work on 98 are AC97 based.  TBH I'd think the most compatible sound card is something like a PCI SB live.  Too bad tho that you need PCI slots to use that.

Edited by Destro

Don't know if this will help, but the Soundblaster Audigy FX (not RX) PCIe card uses a Realtek chip.

If is not compatible with generic Realtek HD driver it will not help..

HD driver would be good for XP, not for Windows 98.. for Win98 you need AC97 realtek codec / driver. Only shame any HD audio card, arent backward compatible with AC97, it would make a sense, same as SB16 compatibility..

I

am actually surprised you can get win 98 to even boot or behave correctly on that board In general I always believed 915 chipset was the last intel chipset that worked on XP.

Check W9x section, officially supported was Intel 865 chipset, but there are some shady magic ways.. paid patches etc..

Edited by ruthan