AOL Shield browser now available for Windows XP and Vista

sdfox7

2 hours ago, ellawatson480 said:

{snipped}

4 hours ago, Joe Jennifer said:

{snipped}

I think these accounts are just spammers. newly registered and first post is just usual spam.

Edited by roytam1

11 minutes ago, bluebolt said:

One more to go, pretty please.

My friends, you should report those posts (there is a "report" at the extreme right on the upper blue bar on each post), not post about them. By reporting you ensure any online mod'll deal with that faster than just when I happen to return here (which is often, but maybe not often enough) and help us zero exactly on which post the spammer is ... In any case, it's done. :yes:

32 minutes ago, dencorso said:

you should report those posts (there is a "report" at the extreme right on the upper blue bar on each post), not post about them

... FTR, I did report the two contained in this thread (I suppose there exist site logs that can confirm my claim), sadly only after I had also posted about them :blushing: (twice... :rolleyes:; but to my defence, the spammer did strike back, out of spite no doubt, after I had flagged his/her first attempt...); anyhow, thanks for the cleanup :wub: (and next time, I'll be wiser :yes:) !

2 hours ago, VistaLover said:

FTR, I did report

:dubbio:   Well... we may have a problem: I cannot find any report after Sep 10! So it seems the report system is malfunctioning. I'll ask xper to give it a look. Meanwhile you can keep posting or PMing if needed. I'll sure keep y'all posted on how it develops.   :yes:

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

Despite claims at the Web site, it doesn't seem to install in Win XP:

593136781_AOLShield.PNG.7558219ba853cbc3da7665b5e0e5cf5b.PNG

You're probably trying to install AOL Shield pro which is based on a new version of Chrome. Xp only works with the firefox 52 version which you can get here https://getonline.aol.com/xp-vista/

To be specific, I was trying to install the Chromium-based version linked to in @jumper's post directly above mine. (The FF 52-based version is old news.) The Web site claimed XP compatibility, but I was skeptical, and sure enough, it doesn't install.