Title bar rescaling

When I rescale the Windows interface, the way in which the title bar is painted appears to change beyond simply resampling its various elements. The minimize/resize/close buttons stretch further down, and the glyphs inside those buttons do not appear to resize at all. I have added two images to illustrate what I mean. The first image is of a 32-bit application which has not been rescaled; the second one is of that same application, yet scaled to 200% of its original size.

Would it be possible to counteract or remedy this? I am using Aero Glass on Windows 10 Creators' Update.

01 - 4K 100 percent.jpg

01 - 4K 200 percent.jpg

Edited by Aethelflaed

Aero Glass does not render titlebar buttons so it cannot influence it in any way.

The glyphs are stored in the used theme for several DPIs. If they are rendered incorrectly then you are using either uncommon scaling or invalid theme.

15 minutes ago, bigmuscle said:

Aero Glass does not render titlebar buttons so it cannot influence it in any way.

The glyphs are stored in the used theme for several DPIs. If they are rendered incorrectly then you are using either uncommon scaling or invalid theme.

Ah, thanks! I thought those buttons were imported from the file used to paint the window frame. I know how to edit msstyle themes, so I'll give that a go.

EDIT - it does render them, though, doesn't it? The buttons displayed are the ones in the theme atlas. Or is Aero Glass somehow telling the Windows rendering engine to use those buttons, without doing the rendering itself?

Edited by Aethelflaed

9 hours ago, tunafish said:

I noticed the same thing using a 4K monitor at 175% scaling. I have to scale this much to make text readable. Had to uninstall as the pros were outweighed by the cons.

I'll see what happens if I modify the glyphs in the msstyle theme that I'm using, to see if those are imported by Aeroglass.

I've found out what caused the blurriness in the 200% pic, by the way. I had attempted to resize the titlebar using the Winaero Tweaker. Somehow, this doesn't work at 4K/200%, but it does cause the textures on the buttons to distort.