Game question for Vista 64 bit

OldSchool38

After the recent death of my cursed Zotac 730 card, I've ordered a cheap 2gb ASUS 710 card as a replacement for now.  When it arrives I plan to replace the linux distro I'm currently using on this machine with a windows install so I can play most of my games again.  Before I reach for my windows 7 disk, I wanted to know if any of you had played Wolfenstein the New Order on Vista 64 bit?  Or is it Windows 7 only?  I know Alien Isolation will work on vista so I thought I'd ask.

theres a 80% chance it will work unless it uses some files that arent present in vista sp2.

Also i checked for you and it seems the game should run 

http://steamcommunity.com/app/201810/discussions/0/558754899238564390/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/201810/discussions/0/558756256597548343/

Also a few places mention Vista SP2 as supported and it is also said that vista was supported in the early stages but it was removed so i cant really confirm :)

Edited by burd

Just confirmed that Wolfenstien the New Order works on Vista 64, my only problem is with kernel crashes from my nvidia card but I was having the same trouble with 7 so it's not vista's fault.  I may give it a try in Linux under wine.

Edited by OldSchool38

3 hours ago, OldSchool38 said:

Just confirmed that Wolfenstien the New Order works on Vista 64, my only problem is with kernel crashes from my nvidia card but I was having the same trouble with 7 so it's not vista's fault.  I may give it a try in Linux under wine.

Thank you for your report. I will add that to Last versions of software for Windows Vista now. :)

Edited by 2008WindowsVista