When will there be a version for Windows 10 1709?

I did some further testing and I saw that changing BlurDeviation literally changes EVERYTHING. Its even linked to fluent design's gaussian blur. No wonder I don't get exact blur radius of aeroglass and fluent design (fluent design's Acrylic Blur has 30px gaussian blur radius).

comparison.png

I wanted to update my progress with this issue so far.

So I had made a donation and got access to the experimental build I had uninstalled Aero Glass completely and then reinstalled manually by downloading the zip for the experimental .dll and replacing the current dll in the winrs_x64 folder that I downloaded from here -> www.glass8.eu/files/winrs_x64_1.5.6.7z

I then took this folder renamed it as AeroGlass and put it in my C:\
I setup the schedule.bat as provided here -> http://www.glass8.eu/out/schedule.bat

Then I ran the schedule.bat as an administrator.

image.thumb.png.ececacaf615f386fd479d72ea8dd480d.png

AeroGlass now works flawlessly on windows 10 1709 and is still compatible with the current version of AeroGlassGUI. I was able to edit all of the parameters for the windows using the GUI.

Whatever BM did with the experimental build it was definitely the correct fix for getting the 1703 version of aeroglass working on the new 1709 update.

If there is any diagnostics or debugging information that I can provide please let me know!

Looking forward to getting the official release!

Cheers!

On 10/30/2017 at 10:44 AM, Klamatiel said:

Log in to your account on http://glass8.eu/sign/ then click Experimental Versions, download the dll then you are good to go.

Is there a watermark on the Experimental Version?

EDIT: Nevermind, I tried the Experimental DLL and there is a watermark, so I reverted back to the Stable DLL which is working fine for me in 1709 just a nag screen whenever I restart my computer.

Edited by foe

On 10/31/2017 at 9:25 AM, joeberardis said:

I wanted to update my progress with this issue so far.

So I had made a donation and got access to the experimental build I had uninstalled Aero Glass completely and then reinstalled manually by downloading the zip for the experimental .dll and replacing the current dll in the winrs_x64 folder that I downloaded from here -> www.glass8.eu/files/winrs_x64_1.5.6.7z

I then took this folder renamed it as AeroGlass and put it in my C:\
I setup the schedule.bat as provided here -> http://www.glass8.eu/out/schedule.bat

Then I ran the schedule.bat as an administrator.

AeroGlass now works flawlessly on windows 10 1709 and is still compatible with the current version of AeroGlassGUI. I was able to edit all of the parameters for the windows using the GUI.

Whatever BM did with the experimental build it was definitely the correct fix for getting the 1703 version of aeroglass working on the new 1709 update.

If there is any diagnostics or debugging information that I can provide please let me know!

Looking forward to getting the official release!

Cheers!

So i copied the text and made the schedule.bat, but it doesn't work for me, any solution or am i doing something wrong?

Edited by Cottontails

21 hours ago, tosbsas said:

what are you doing with the debug ? Any way to let it start minimized in then first place?

I am just putting it onto a second desktop in Task View for the time being. Not sure if there is a way to start minimized or not.

On 11/1/2017 at 9:51 PM, Cottontails said:

So i copied the text and made the schedule.bat, but it doesn't work for me, any solution or am i doing something wrong?

You have to make sure that it is ran as administrator, didn't see you mentioned that you did so that could be the problem. Also you might just want to uninstall Aeroglass completely and clean your registry of any leftovers and repeat this installation, to make sure old reg entries aren't affecting the new install.

Edited by joeberardis
typos

7 hours ago, joeberardis said:

You have to make sure that it is ran as administrator, didn't see you mentioned that you did so that could be the problem. Also you might just want to uninstall Aeroglass completely and clean your registry of any leftovers and repeat this installation, to make sure old reg entries aren't affecting the new install.

So i got it to work, but it shows a dwm.exe prompt and doesn't go away, is it supposed to permanently stay open?

Edited by Cottontails

12 minutes ago, Cottontails said:

So i got it to work, but it shows a dwm.exe prompt and doesn't go away, is it supposed to permanently stay open?

yes, I just make a new desktop with "Task View" and just put it out of sight from my main desktop.  It is always open because it is a development version, so therefore, you have agreed to contributing to the development so in order to do that the debugger is enabled. Maybe there is a way to disable in the scheduler but I haven't taken a look at the code myself yet.

Glad you got it working :thumbup

P.S. I would highly recommend making a backup image of your computer since this is an unstable build still, anything could go wrong in theory so its best to make a backup while it still works, then you can simply revert in case of catastrophe. I like Comodo Backup, works great and is really easy.

Edited by joeberardis