When will there be a version for Windows 10 1709?

So I upgraded to 1709 with 1.5.6 installed and it warned me with a dwm.exe prompt that Aero Glass wasn't supported for this version of Windows. It offered "Retry" or "Cancel". Figuring I'd be safe and press "Cancel" it then opened dwm.exe in cmd and showed it making several successful attempts to talk to the local dwm server. I waited several moments after it had finished scrolling the messages and then closed the cmd window.

Well I don't know what it did but everything is working fine. xD

aero1709.thumb.PNG.dca799e4891b9c6a86fe82f41ab9928f.PNG

Hopefully the beta for 1709 gets moved to stable soon so I can update without having to have the watermark because of development version. 

Edited by foe

19 hours ago, foe said:

So I upgraded to 1709 with 1.5.6 installed and it warned me with a dwm.exe prompt that Aero Glass wasn't supported for this version of Windows. It offered "Retry" or "Cancel". Figuring I'd be safe and press "Cancel" it then opened dwm.exe in cmd and showed it making several successful attempts to talk to the local dwm server. I waited several moments after it had finished scrolling the messages and then closed the cmd window.

Well I don't know what it did but everything is working fine. xD

That's awesome you got it to work, i tried what you said with no luck! :(

Maybe a fresh install will help. Anyways if you got to work maybe that means it's an easy fix and there will be a new version soon.

2 hours ago, Cottontails said:

That's awesome you got it to work, i tried what you said with no luck! :(

Maybe a fresh install will help. Anyways if you got to work maybe that means it's an easy fix and there will be a new version soon.

Are you using the default transparency setting or a custom theme/atlas file? I'm using the default theme with default transparency. I haven't tried using a custom theme via the new UXTheme Patcher from https://www.syssel.net/hoefs/software_uxtheme.php?lang=en and the custom themes need to be updated for 1709 anyways so if you're not trying the defaults maybe try those, otherwise I don't know why mine would work and others wouldn't.

Just to be clear for anyone else, I had 1.5.6 installed then updated to 1709 with 1.5.6 still installed. Every reboot I just click "cancel" on the dwm prompt and everything works fine after that.

Hope the newer version gets released soon though. :D

Edited by foe

Is it possible to make a Fluent Design Acryllic blur based theme for Aero Glass on desktop apps? Like applying the noise texture on top of the gaussian aero blur. 

image.png.a42778bf0b8eea9e9cac348464e25180.png

EDIT: I managed to make the theme by grabbing the tiled noise texture and exclusion blend layer from Microsoft's fluent design toolkit. Replaced the Aero Glass normal reflections with my theme and it works! Seems the Acryllic blur has more radius than the Aeroglass GUI's max.

Difference.thumb.png.3c265102d28f13c78a709751f2ef4d72.png

Edited by lolylol

4 hours ago, lolylol said:

Is it possible to make a Fluent Design Acryllic blur based theme for Aero Glass on desktop apps? Like applying the noise texture on top of the gaussian aero blur. 

EDIT: I managed to make the theme by grabbing the tiled noise texture and exclusion blend layer from Microsoft's fluent design toolkit. Replaced the Aero Glass normal reflections with my theme and it works! Seems the Acryllic blur has more radius than the Aeroglass GUI's max.

Nice! Could you share theme files (Atlas, reflection) or whatever you used?

To increase blur radius use the registry setting "BlurDeviation" and you can set it beyond 100. That way the radius can almost be simiar to Acryllic's.

1 hour ago, DavidHuynh94 said:

Nice! Could you share theme files (Atlas, reflection) or whatever you used?

To increase blur radius use the registry setting "BlurDeviation" and you can set it beyond 100. That way the radius can almost be simiar to Acryllic's.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9i417hk2rnapd75/Acrylic+Blur+1920x1080.rar 

Here. Set it as a custom reflection image.

9 hours ago, mikedigitize said:

Hand on hart, who is interested in this acryllic sh*t anyway?

All I can say is this:  I've immersed myself (as I do with each new release) by making my Win 10 v1709 VM full-screen across my 3 monitors for a day and a half now.

The out-of-box (lack of) theme is FAR less usable than what I had accomplished with Aero Glass for Win 8+ before.

And it's not about the translucency alone; it's about the ability to perceive the edges of windows, finding controls visually, using resizing borders, and just in general being irritated a little bit all the time by things that lack elegance.

-Noel

On 10/27/2017 at 6:55 AM, lolylol said:

Nice, I did the same thing about a week ago.  Pulled the noise out the FD Design kit for PS, tiled it and created a "noise" reflection.  Looks pretty good to me since it is a bit more uniform now between start, task bar and title bar.

EDIT - Also added the "noise" reflection to task bar w/ Stat10

Edited by dna-japan

On 10/27/2017 at 7:33 PM, dna-japan said:

Nice, I did the same thing about a week ago.  Pulled the noise out the FD Design kit for PS, tiled it and created a "noise" reflection.  Looks pretty good to me since it is a bit more uniform now between start, task bar and title bar.

EDIT - Also added the "noise" reflection to task bar w/ Stat10

I also did the same thing! (with the taskbar) But in start10 you can't change blur radius.

EDIT: start10 blur radius is linked to BlurDeviation so it matches with AeroGlass' blur radius but there is this thing that blur in the taskbar is little removed if the window touches the bottom part of the screen.

Edited by lolylol

I also wanted to report that transparency in AeroGlass 1.5.6 running on Windows 10 1709 does not work. The windows atlas gets updated with the proper aero style but there is no glass transparency.

See Below:
Capture.thumb.PNG.8ddb65787c2aa6edc2867ee0f68512c8.PNG

In 1703 the Background and Icons would be behind the explorer windows with a very light transparency producing that genuine glass look.

If there are any debugging files that I can upload to help resolve transparency issues please let me know!

Big Muscle will be getting a donation when I get paid :)

Edited by joeberardis
Incorrect phrasing.

@ joeberardis...What? "Big Muscle will be getting a donation when I get paid"

Sorry I probably misunderstood. I'll take that to mean when joe gets paid from work or other such.

Edited by Alanrh