Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

roytam1

My build of New Moon (temp. name) a.k.a. Pale Moon fork targetting XP

Idem with the last "fr.xpi" + [general.useragent.locale -> fr]
Sorry...

@roytam1 Is it possible (with reasonable effort) for you to build your patched PM27 version for linux? Puppy Linux, to be exact. Or any of Mozilla-related stuff we discuss here, for that matter? "Official" builds are abandoned, just like XP ones. But to have a modern noSSE or SSE browser is even more important. Thanks!

Edited by Flame.

2 hours ago, Flame. said:

Is it possible (with reasonable effort) for you to build your patched PM27 version for linux? Puppy Linux, to be exact. Or any of Mozilla-related stuff we discuss here, for that matter? "Official" builds are abandoned, just like XP ones. But to have a modern noSSE or SSE browser is even more important. Thanks!

that maybe hard, since my patches are totally untested on non-MSVC and/or non-Windows environment.

8 hours ago, roytam1 said:

New build of basilisk/UXP for XP!

Test binary:
Win32 https://o.rths.cf/basilisk/basilisk52-g4.1.win32-git-20190112-f38edc94a-xpmod.7z
Win64 https://o.rths.cf/basilisk/basilisk52-g4.1.win64-git-20190112-f38edc94a-xpmod.7z

diff: https://o.rths.cf/basilisk/UXP-xp-gitdiff-20181110.7z

PM28XP build:
Win32 https://o.rths.cf/palemoon/palemoon-28.3.0a1.win32-git-20190112-f38edc94a-xpmod.7z
Win64 https://o.rths.cf/palemoon/palemoon-28.3.0a1.win64-git-20190112-f38edc94a-xpmod.7z

Official repo changes since my last build:
- Expose hidden preference to disable Page Thumbnail generation. (9e2bf8316)
- [WebExAM] Properly handle the add-on name in case it's localized (6a97d9db0)
- Merge pull request #926 from JustOff/PR_WebExAM_addon.name (9f4afc255)
- Fix library window reference to SVG toolbar image. (e8cebef9d)
- Align Element.ScrollIntoView() with the spec. (c0a05ada1)
- Update basilisk blocklist header. (f38edc94a)

My changes since my last build:
- update libaom to git rev a1615ed01a112432825f231a1fa47295cff127b4
- update NSS to rev c8f7602ce9e6 with nss339-vc2013.diff applied
- enabled webrtc build option (untested in pm28, seems working in preliminary test in bk52)

I have disabled WebRTC again.

The reason is a decrease in privacy:

https://browserleaks.com/webrtc

• Like 1

@roytam1 <--

I was wondering as to how many downloads (installs) that you get
say PER WEEK of your 'RT' XP compatible Browsers (so, BK52XP, NM28XP, BorXP, etc).
So, wondering if that you have access to 'RT' SERVER 'Stats' for that and would share.

Added: 'RT' did REPLY in a message below and said -->
"Never have a look on it since this is just "private" build to myself, download count is irrelevant to me."

Okay, was just curious as to some kind of popularity measure on it, THANKS to reply.
Having GOOD performance here with the 'RT' BorXP Browser, THANKS !!! :)

Edited by TechnoRelic

1 hour ago, roytam1 said:

that maybe hard, since my patches are totally untested on non-MSVC and/or non-Windows environment.

Dammit, I forgot about that MSVC part! Oh well... So much for my hopes for an easy unbinding from MS. :D

Btw, do you have any previous experience with GCC/Clang? Hopefully - with some positive outcome. :)

1 hour ago, TechnoRelic said:

@roytam1 <--

I was wondering as to how many downloads (installs) that you get
say PER WEEK of your 'RT' XP compatible Browsers (so, BK52XP, NM28XP, BorXP, etc).
So, wondering if that you have access to 'RT' SERVER 'Stats' for that and would share.

never have a look on it since this is just "private" build to myself, download count is irrelevant to me. ;)

• Like 2

On 1/3/2019 at 8:35 AM, caliber said:

All right. that works for me too I feel the ''hungry'' sites such as facebook and youtube run quite a bit smoother

however the processor fan makes much more noise as the CPU usage goes up to 60% :crazy:

layers.async-pan-zoom.enabled - false , in xp it badly works and overloads the system.

• Like 1

boolean, integrer or string ?

FF52 is working perfect now beyond the 2GB of RAM.

although it drains a lot more RAM and it doesn't drop quickly as I'm geting tabs closed.

I'm still waiting a response to my other post as the multi process trick is no longer functional on PM28

1 minute ago, caliber said:

boolean, integrer or string ?

Boolean. The default is true.

On 1/1/2019 at 2:36 PM, roytam1 said:

it uses javascript that PM27 unable to run:

If I'm correct, Github now also uses javascript that PM27 can't run. The preview feature while posting message for instance doesn't work anymore.
I have no experience with Baselisk, or any other alternative browser, but would they work?

54 minutes ago, CoRoNe said:

If I'm correct, Github now also uses javascript that PM27 can't run. The preview feature while posting message for instance doesn't work anymore.
I have no experience with Baselisk, or any other alternative browser, but would they work?

uxp-based browsers are working at the moment

On 1/12/2019 at 9:26 AM, grey_rat said:

layers.async-pan-zoom.enabled - false , in xp it badly works and overloads the system.

https://www.ghacks.net/2015/07/28/scrolling-in-firefox-to-get-a-lot-better-thanks-to-apz/
I found the above URL related to this 'APZ' issue.

The part that seems to matter most in the URL above is this part -->
"Please note that APZ is only enabled if you run Firefox (Browser) with E10s enabled.
The preference that determines whether APZ is enabled or not is
'layers.async-pan-zoom.enabled' (in the 'about:config' settings)."

So, to DISABLE this under WinXP with an old 'single core' CPU would seem a good choice.
In the end, one can try DISABLE, then ENABLE, and see if any difference.
GOOD suggestion overall, THANKS to post your message here. :)

Two more added 'about:config' tweaks that were suggested this Thread are:
(1) canvas.poisondata ; TRUE (change to that)
(2) "To disable 'e10s/multiprocess' (CPU) -- Go to 'about:config' by typing it in your URL bar.
Search for 'browser.tabs.remote.autostart' using the search box on 'about:config' ...
There may be multiple (similar named) results. Set them ALL to FALSE and restart the Browser."
browser.tabs.remote.* ; FALSE

A certain 'RT' Browser may or may NOT have a 'setting' (listing) for these entries.

Edited by TechnoRelic

On 1/12/2019 at 10:10 AM, Tamris said:

Seems language packs aren't compatible with newest NM yet again... running 28.3 rc3 polish language pack, and NM just throws an error and reverts back to default language after that.

Upgraded to RC4 and NM still throws an error:

GxzzF0b.png