Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

roytam1

My build of New Moon (temp. name) a.k.a. Pale Moon fork targetting XP

51 minutes ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Borealis Navigator has an old look.

It's fast?

same as other XUL based browsers

Here, on my very old WinXP Laptop, I have had BETTER luck with using RT BorealisXP Browser. But I have also had a usable positive result with the RT NM28XP Browser too. And also with the Basilisk55 (not 52) Browser. The additional comment that I would make about the RT BorXP Browser, is that I am not clear on a source for EXTENSIONS for it. However, with RT BorXP Browser, I was able (see earlier messages here, this thread, from me, thanks to 'VistaLover' user help) to get ENTENSIONS for uBLOCK and uMATRIX installed and working (GORHILL = Author, from his GITHUB site, slightly edited for install) with RT BorXP Browser. So, that seems to give me a decent level of browsing protection (via uMATRIX) overall. So, I do APPRECIATE that RT has decided to have this BorXP Browser available as RT is doing it.

@Sampei.Nihira <-- Saw your message below mine. Again, NO IDEA here on a website that has EXTENSIONS that would install into the RT BorXP Browser. Again, I did get, via slight customizing, the (GORHILL from his GITHUB site), uBLOCK Origin and uMATRIX (both Extensions) to install into RT BorXP Browser. The other aspect of BOREALIS Browser, is that it is that TOBIN person's coding (he authored it). And since some (many?) do not like TOBIN, because of certain actions that he did it to make his coding NOT work well under WinXP, I am not sure that you would see much support in terms of solving any problems related to EXTENSIONS for RT BorXP Browser. And, I respect that some users would feel negatively about TOBIN. I have been using the RT BorXP Browser because my particular old laptop hardware and software seems to 'like it' (the TOBIN coding) pretty well overall.

'Sampei.Nihira' <-- RT (himself) did REPLY to you (message below), so THAT would be GOOD advise!

Edited by TechnoRelic

Hi,

with NM28 I can also install the Seamonkey themes.

With Borealis they do not install.

Even the Pale Moon and Firefox themes do not install.

So which themes can I install?

TH.

@TechnoRelic  TH.:rolleyes:

Basilisk in my PC is slow, and I would be curious to try Borealis but with a minimum of customization.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Hi,

with NM28 I can also install the Seamonkey themes.

With Borealis they do not install.

Even the Pale Moon and Firefox themes do not install.

So which themes can I install?

TH.

please check this out:

hey guys there is no other options for windows xp only pale moon by feodor2

https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal/releases

this is the last version 28.2.2 ....tbh i tried almost 20 browsers but no one works

the worst thing about mypal is you cant add from the extension

and if someone know another browser let me know plz

2 minutes ago, mouad88 said:

hey guys there is no other options for windows xp only pale moon by feodor2

https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal/releases

this is the last version 28.2.2 ....tbh i tried almost 20 browsers but no one works

the worst thing about mypal is you cant add from the extension

and if someone know another browser let me know plz

#facepalm#

• Upvote 2

On 12/29/2018 at 8:55 AM, grey_rat said:

Basilisk/UXP for XP 52 and 55 multiprocess mode - browser.tabs.remote.force-enable true.

Well, I just tried it in Basilisk 52. The about:config Boolean preference above doesn't exist by default in either the XP or official build; I had to add it .

I didn't expect it to work, but it did! Task manager shows two Basilisk processes, just like the "old days." Guess all my add-ons are multiprocess-compatible.

Even more surprising, it also worked on the latest official Basilisk/UXP build (2018.12.18) running on Win 7 :unsure: Win 7 is where I could really use it; the XP version has always seemed responsive enough, even without multiprocess mode.

So evidently the multiprocess code was never removed from either build; the default was just changed at some point.

13 minutes ago, Mathwiz said:

Well, I just tried it in Basilisk 52. The about:config Boolean preference above doesn't exist by default in either the XP or official build; I had to add it .

Amazing! It works for me too. I now have two processes running, 750K and 850K. I typically have to reboot Basilisk 52 once a day when it gets to 1800K (or so) of memory and Windows XP gets very upset (too close to the 2Gb XP program limit).  Let's see if this helps deal with Basilisk's insidious growth as you open and close windows, especially video windows.