Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

roytam1

My build of New Moon (temp. name) a.k.a. Pale Moon fork targetting XP

DUMPREP.EXE under WinXP OS can mysteriously REACTIVATE itself.
So, it will LOAD on BOOTUP (again), is what I mean to say it.
In my experience, DUMPREP.EXE being active can be a significant 'SLOW DOWN of CPU' situation under WinXP OS.

https://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-disable-dumprepexe-dump-reporting-tool-windows-xp
This URL (above) does explain well what to do.

And just in general, one should use MSCONFIG.EXE (WinXP) and CHECK under STARTUP (tab) and SERVICES (tab) to see IF that some NEW Program (*.EXE) is LOADING that you did NOT know of it, and do NOT want it.

Some were saying of NEWMOON Browser that they were seeing a 'slow down' of some kind, when they did UPDATE it to a newer version. Which again, you should use MSCONFIG.EXE (WinXP) to 'screen out' that some NEW Program (*.EXE) might be LOADING and SLOWING down EVERYTHING under a SLOWER CPU and WinXP OS situation. I realize that a LOT of WinXP OS users likely know this already. So, just in case, hope this helps.

Hi! a question please.

I realize in a lot of websites, the "Im not a robot" check is not working. Do nothing the recaptcha

547f97e2eab8eaa454f2effd-320-240.jpg

In firefox 53ESR works well

On 8/24/2018 at 12:15 PM, roytam1 said:

to fix recaptcha issue:

for PM27 users:
1. goto about:config, add new Boolean value named "dom.messageChannel.enabled" and set it "true".
2. reload the page that has recaptcha

next PM27 build will address it.

1 hour ago, theelf said:

In firefox 53ESR works well

There never has been a FF esr 53.x.x ... :huh:

7 hours ago, dencorso said:

There never has been a FF esr 53.x.x ... :huh:

52ESR  type error

Thanks for your answer, sadly already tried dom.messageChannel.enabled  tip, no luck

For example, i need to use this web every day for work.  They change the login some days ago, and palemoon stop working

https://www.genei.es/

In this website is easy to see,  just try to login in "Identificarse",  and is impossible to do the recapcha...

Thanks

10 minutes ago, theelf said:

In this website is easy to see,  just try to login in "Identificarse",  and is impossible to do the recapcha...

I had no problem to fill it, using @roytam1's latest Basilisk/UXP with that tweak I described added. See:

Clipboard01.PNG

13 minutes ago, dencorso said:

I had no problem to fill it, using @roytam1's latest Basilisk/UXP with that tweak I described added. See:

Clipboard01.PNG

Sorry, im using New Moon not basilisk.  I will try basilisk anyways, maybe is time to move on from newmoon

thanks for help

Edited by theelf

Do try the latest Basilisk, then. Basilisk/UXP is forked from FF esr 52.x.x and is being compiled for XP by @roytam1, in parallel to New Moon. But, IMO, Basilisk/UXP is the best alternative, in what regards overal compatibility... it's sort of like if FF esr 52.x.x were still being developed, and with XP-specific support in mind, on top of it.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Flame. said:

Sorry, im using New Moon not basilisk.

I use both Basilisk and NewMoon so that I don't have to waste time dealing with incompatibility problems such as this. I also use the "User Agent" plug-in, often telling sites I am an iPhone so that they display a usable page. Sometimes one can't rely 100% on browsers any more, HTML has become a programming language, and has to be treated/debugged as such...

Edited by trevmar

4 hours ago, dencorso said:

Do try the latest Basilisk, then. Basilisk/UXP is forked from FF esr 52.x.x and is being compiled for XP by @roytam1, in parallel to New Moon. But, IMO, Basilisk/UXP is the best alternative, in what regards overal compatibility... it's sort of like if FF esr 52.x.x were still being developed, and with XP-specific support in mind, on top of it.

thanks, i try basilisk but sadly is not working in a website i use every day

https://es.wallapop.com/

Is impossible to login (newmoon or official palemoon neither)

3 hours ago, trevmar said:

I use both Basilisk and NewMoon so that I don't have to waste time dealing with incompatibility problems such as this. I also use the "User Agent" plug-in, often telling sites I am an iPhone so that they display a usable page. Sometimes one can't rely 100% on browsers any more, HTML has become a programming language, and has to be treated/debugged as such...

Yes, thats why i need to have firefox 52,  i dont want to waste HDD space,  but no choise

3 hours ago, Flame. said:

geneies.png.2337e15c74f93cb84c6a3b1e043b5c13.png

Thanks for test,  what version you use?  thanks

Edited by theelf

7 hours ago, theelf said:

Thanks for test,  what version you use?

Palemoon for Linux, versions 27.9.4 with recaptcha fix and 28.1 (current build) without fix (I guess it's already bundled now). I can't test any windows builds now, unfortunately.

Also I don't like the way youtube videos work in 28.x versions AND some addons failed to work, so I am back to using 27.

14 hours ago, theelf said:

Sorry, im using New Moon not basilisk.  I will try basilisk anyways, maybe is time to move on from newmoon

thanks for help

funciona perfecto en PM28

screenshot2.jpg

@theelf: Isn't it clearly evident to you, yet, that whatever your issue is, it's not the browser itself that's causing it?  :dubbio:

Could be plugin or addon related.
Something like jdownloader with an "openload" plugin installed perhaps?
https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=78010&page=7