My Browser Builds (Part 1)

I am running into a minor New Moon 28 bug, which has been persisting over several weeks; I can't tell how old it is, cause I started testing NM28 from v28.0.0a4; I was able to reproduce on a new clean profile, with no extensions added, using latest build 28.0.0b4 32-bit (buildID 20180720233208)

STR

In a new clean profile (happens in an old, "dirty" one, too), navigate to about:support;

rEd4pQV.jpg

the "Application Basics" top section contains clickable links (in blue) to some internal (about:) pages; middle-clicking on all but one of these links (the "about:buildconfig" one) results in a blank (empty) new tab; so does right-clicking and selecting Open in a new tab, but left-clicking works as expected, opening the internal "about:" page in the same tab...

I think this issue should be reported to Moonchild and be hopefully fixed; I do have a GitHub account myself, however, being on Vista, I can't run the official MC PM28 builds (Win7+) :realmad:; FWIW, Serpent 52.9.0, built on the same UXP platform, does not present this issue... :rolleyes:

[OT: I had a heck of a time trying to post this report, I did it literally line by line, as the forum software always responded with a Forbidden error message (must have received more than 20 of those...); I know this is a known situation, however it's getting worse to the point one can no longer post without being driven mad... :angry::realmad:]

Edited by VistaLover

OT: I had a heck of a time trying to post this report, I did it literally line by line, as the forum software always responded with a Forbidden error message (must have received more than 20 of those...) I know this is a known situation, however it's getting worse to the point one can no longer post without being driven mad

So, which characters exactly did you have to exchange in order to get through??
A theory could be that potential coding snippets matter, as recently roytam was blocked from posting the word "data" followed by a double-dot (colons), with or without a blank between. A linebreak between helps, as well as inserting a _ before the colons.

30 minutes ago, siria said:

So, which characters exactly did you have to exchange in order to get through??

I thought all the "about:" references were the culprit, however in the end they got through... Another suspect was the embedded imgur image link, or links native to the forum itself; however, the forum software errors sometimes do not follow a defined pattern and the full composed post just won't be submitted, for no apparent reason :dubbio:; I had to do it by a real trial-and-error method, submitting single paragraphs (or even sentences), checking they went on-line and then editing post by adding another paragraph (or sentence), until my whole report was finally through... It was really a nerve endurance test... <_<

Edited by VistaLover

I think that's exactly the myth which prevents solving that mystery, by not examining closer which replacements help and which not. The forum-software devs certainly haven't inserted some 'random' rule, there must be some pattern involved. Just an unexpected one, like some overzealous regex rule for preventing dangerous html-codes and data-urls etc. But impossible to figure it out if the content of the blocked posts isn't known exactly to the last dot. You've done several replacements, which could give a hint.

14 hours ago, VistaLover said:

using latest build 28.0.0b4 32-bit (buildID 20180720233208)

it is better to report "archive name" instead of build ID since build ID is not always updating itself in every build.

5 hours ago, roytam1 said:

it is better to report "archive name" instead of build ID since build ID is not always updating itself in every build.

Thanks, but as I said this bug is present in all NM28 builds I tested over the last month; as for the build ID string, you, of course, should know better, as being the person compiling the builds, but I thought the string was unique to each build (and certainly different between the two architectures for the same source snapshot); of the files listed in your server (o.rthost.cf/palemoon) I haven't yet come across two different files with the same buildID :dubbio:... 

5 hours ago, roytam1 said:

using latest build 28.0.0b4 32-bit (buildID 20180720233208)

Of course, that would be file "palemoon-28.0.0b4.win32-git-20180721-b4f748a7c-xpmod.7z"; what would be more important for me to know is whether you (or anyone else for that matter) are able to verify reported behaviour? :huh:

9 hours ago, siria said:

You've done several replacements, which could give a hint.

No, in the end all of my initially composed message was submitted, it just would not get through in one go! I had to temporarily copy the content off the forum's editor to my local text editor (PSPad) and then, as said, post it in small installments...

Another manifestation of the forum's software malfunctions is the fact, despite me having opted to "Notify me of replies", I wasn't notified by e-mail of the last two replies above this one (@siria's & @roytam1's), while previous replies in this thread were successfully announced via e-mail notifications...

On Πέμπτη, 26 Ιούλιος 2018 at 8:51 PM, VistaLover said:

I think this issue should be reported to Moonchild and be hopefully fixed

... Thankfully, a member of the Moonchild dev team has done that some 2.5 hours ago... :thumbup

Edited by VistaLover

New build of basilisk/UXP for XP!

Test binary:
Win32 https://o.rthost.cf/basilisk/basilisk52-g4.1.win32-git-20180728-09eda489b-xpmod.7z
Win64 https://o.rthost.cf/basilisk/basilisk52-g4.1.win64-git-20180728-09eda489b-xpmod.7z

diff: https://o.rthost.cf/basilisk/UXP-xp-gitdiff-20180606.7z

PM28XP pre-release build:
Win32 https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/palemoon-28.0.0b4.win32-git-20180728-09eda489b-xpmod.7z
Win64 https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/palemoon-28.0.0b4.win64-git-20180728-09eda489b-xpmod.7z

Official repo changes since my last build:
- [PALEMOON] Remove localization files for pdf.js (e2e4c628a)
- Warn instead of assert if SPS value is incorrect (e20561735)
- Merge pull request #656 from JustOff/PR_pdf.js_locale (8a4f1defd)
- [PALEMOON] Places - remove unused @param from controller.js (bc44bb27e)
- [PALEMOON] Places - remove unnecessary line from controller.js (1fdbac9b8)
- Fix position and size of Permissions Manager main content area. (01a9c193f)
- Merge pull request #662 from janekptacijarabaci/pm_places_controller_clean-up_2 (826c59400)
- Fix position and size of Permissions Manager main content area. (889612561)
- Copy ByteReader to BufferReader and add some error handling (b3d0eb648)
- Rework MoofParser to return an error when the underlying BufferReader returns an error. (0adebd32d)
- Remove incorrect debug assertion. (c534a0ca2)
- Allow AsyncDrawing for plugins in all versions. (14c53fcf7)
- replace "certErrorCodePrefix2" with "certErrorCodePrefix" (bdcae58fa)
- remove dead code (e313e5e2e)
- Merge pull request #665 from trav90/media-work (72e628874)
- remove "learnMoreContainer" leftovers (5334cff64)
- Merge pull request #666 from kn-yami/issue605 (6ff51b3df)
- Update AUTHORS (2e7e3c706)
- Cater Pale Moon's about box to unofficial branding. (a81919b57)
- ANGLE: Initialize uniform blocks before detaching shaders (dd234f025)
- palemoon/unofficial: provides .desktop file (3394b25d2)
- about:profiles - fix "Launch profile in new browser" (added "-no-remote" for Windows) (45cdc5db3)
- Merge pull request #672 from alaviss/newmoon-desktop (ed2287aef)
- Merge pull request #674 from janekptacijarabaci/toolkit_startup_instance-with-profile_1 (aab5ccc41)
- Use try/catch in PageThumbs writeData to deal with null data from caller. (e437d8013)
- Use a fixed thumbnail placeholder for blank thumbs (failed to capture). (19b35e925)
- Set up new blocklist infra URLs (1de0d64e0)
- Set up new blocklist infra URLs (d2498873e)
- [EME] Add support for sbgp and sgpd boxes in the traf box (512dcfac0)
- [EME] Add support for sbgp and sgpd boxes occuring in the sampletable (165a8d505)
- [EME] Add error handling in MoofParser for sbgp and sgpd boxes (b71430130)
- remove "learnMoreContainer" leftovers (part 2) (36033ae5e)
- Merge pull request #677 from kn-yami/issue667 (c904349ce)
- Bypass transparency optimization with HC themes. (6e4c8dd34)
- Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/UXP (ddd7d4586)
- Fix #include and potentially undefined Capture.options object. (9fc1381e1)
- Update zlib to 1.2.11 (0ccb5a03b)
- Convert trinary to more explicit statement. (3555533f7)
- Merge branch 'thumbnailplaceholder' (1afcbb90e)
- Merge pull request #678 from trav90/media-work (09eda489b)

New build of Firfox 45ESR SSE:

test binary: https://o.rthost.cf/gpc/files1.rt/firefox-45.9.10-20180728-1a7ee7094-win32-sse.7z

repo: https://github.com/roytam1/mozilla45esr

Changes since my last build:
- import changes from tenfourfox: - #463: rework idle callbacks to use max timeout; try to fix stalls; pref off by default for FPR9 (12cdb0cd2) - #516: idle time to 10s; add more adblock hosts (dc12741be) (1a7ee7094)

Hi roytam1, Palemoon.26.5.win2000 build still causing BSOD in Windows XP SP2. Everything works fine at the first launch, but when I exit Palemoon and run again the BSOD occurs ... Hopefully you'll be able to fix it.

7 hours ago, cloudstr said:

Hi roytam1, Palemoon.26.5.win2000 build still causing BSOD in Windows XP SP2. Everything works fine at the first launch, but when I exit Palemoon and run again the BSOD occurs ... Hopefully you'll be able to fix it.

that's manifest issue, you should replace files with pm26xp-no-manifest.7z

Hello guys..

Quick question here..

Do the following settings do anything in this browser?

user_pref("privacy.trackingprotection.enabled", true); <--- Its my understanding that disconnect.me was involved somehow with FF. The setting seems to have true/falst regardless.
user_pref("privacy.trackingprotection.pbmode.enabled", true);

user_pref("privacy.resistFingerprinting", true);

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by sal here
Using New Moon 28 FYI