Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 


roytam1

My build of New Moon (temp. name) a.k.a. Pale Moon fork targetting XP

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, curiosil said:

Hi,

 

Thanks for your reply. And how would I do these 2 things, adding the argument and tweaking the

registry?

 

While waiting for an answer to my post, I´ve installed and tested the original New Moon browser,

and this one works fine when as portable set as default browser, it opens the links within my

e-mails, but if I try to open a second link it gives an error "Pale Moon is already running, but is

not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Pale Moon process, or

restart your system." d***... how can I fix this problem so New Moon can run multiple

instances? I´ve tried the Linux version and it works fine, multiple instances can be opened.

 

Cheers.

if you want running multiple instances, normally means running multiple profiles.

you have to create multiple profiles for each --no-remote instances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, roytam1 said:

if you want running multiple instances, normally means running multiple profiles.

you have to create multiple profiles for each --no-remote instances.


Hi roytam1,

 

First of all, thanks for your work on this browser.

 

Well, what I basically want is to be able to open links in my e-mails with the same browser, more

than 1, in a new tab if possible.  This doesn´t work with the original New Moon, but works with

your build, BUT ONLY, if I open your browser from its shortcut, as many as I want, because I

haven´t been able to set your browser as the system´s defaut browser yet. Regarding the

Profiles, as you say, I did nothing, didn´t create any new Profiles folders nor editing anywhere,

and having a look to the program´s folder, while opening 3 instances, there were no new

Profiles folders there... So, I dont know what you really mean by creating new profiles.

 

Anyway, if I could set your browser, portable version, as the default one, I guess it could open

more than 1 link in my e-mails (as it does  open several instances from its shorcut), but I don´t

know how to configure it to be the system´s default browser. I could try editing the Windows

Registry if you let me konw how to do it.

 

Thanks.

 

Regards.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dibya said:

@roytam1 https://github.com/rust-lang/rust 

Can you inform them about rust incompatibility with XP? Or at least if they help us to fork rust for xp.

 

they put XP target support as Tier-3, only STD has some XP support, no cargo/packages/etc.

porting these to XP will be impossible for a small team(since too many packages needed to be ported)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

they put XP target support as Tier-3, only STD has some XP support, no cargo/packages/etc.

porting these to XP will be impossible for a small team(since too many packages needed to be ported)

Is their any documentation which packages needed for Firefox? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dibya said:

Is their any documentation which packages needed for Firefox? 

no, but you can have a look in its source folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

12 hours ago, roytam1 said:

they put XP target support as Tier-3, only STD has some XP support, no cargo/packages/etc.

porting these to XP will be impossible for a small team(since too many packages needed to be ported)

any hope for vista maybe? for rust

Edited by burd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, burd said:

 

any hope for vista maybe?

neither.

rust uses Win7 function calls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, roytam1 said:

neither.

rust uses Win7 function calls.

sad,anyways thanks for letting me know :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roytam1 said:

neither.

rust uses Win7 function calls.

I can implement all functions in system binary but issue is ff57 uses tls call from vista up.

If someone at least fix that extendedxp can run newer Firefox. 

http://www.nynaeve.net/?tag=internals&paged=2

I tried to update function of xp but all in hell. 

 

Edited by Dibya
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Profiles for Basilisk

Versions dated 12/16/2017 and before
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Moonchild Productions\Basilisk\Profiles

Profile location on the version dated 12/23/2017
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Moonchild\Basilisk\Profiles

I experienced a consistent crash when trying to copy the old profile to the new location.

Going back to version dated 12/16/2017 until the bugs are taken care of.  Other than that enjoying Basilisk on Windows XP.

I'm not sure what is happening yet but it is very strange.  I might try again in a couple days when I have more time.

Edited by leland
personal information removal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leland said:

Profiles for Basilisk

Versions dated 12/16/2017 and before
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Moonchild Productions\Basilisk\Profiles

Profile location on the version dated 12/23/2017
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Moonchild\Basilisk\Profiles

I experienced a consistent crash when trying to copy the old profile to the new location.

Going back to version dated 12/16/2017 until the bugs are taken care of.  Other than that enjoying Basilisk on Windows XP.

I'm not sure what is happening yet but it is very strange.  I might try again in a couple days when I have more time.

it is always better to re-create your profile if something is changed and makes it crashes.

for the change of profile path, it is not done by me, but the moonchild people.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roytam1 said:

it is always better to re-create your profile if something is changed and makes it crashes.

for the change of profile path, it is not done by me, but the moonchild people.

I know it is better to recreate it but this is a profile I have used at work for about 11 years and it has lots of tweaks I doubt I remember how to recreate.  So far it has been working great.  I just dropped the profile in and ran with it with no changes needed for the last couple of months.  The newer version does not crash but for some reason it crashes when I try to copy the profile to the new location.  It causes a BSOD.  It might be a permissions issue.  I will better troubleshoot it when I have the time.  After a holiday weekend is not a good time for this.  I understand the change in profile location it just threw me off when it did not properly start with my profile after updating my version.  Luckily I always keep the older files around until I am sure something works.  Thanks for all your efforts; they are greatly appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, leland said:

I know it is better to recreate it but this is a profile I have used at work for about 11 years and it has lots of tweaks I doubt I remember how to recreate.  So far it has been working great.  I just dropped the profile in and ran with it with no changes needed for the last couple of months.  The newer version does not crash but for some reason it crashes when I try to copy the profile to the new location.  It causes a BSOD.  It might be a permissions issue.  I will better troubleshoot it when I have the time.  After a holiday weekend is not a good time for this.  I understand the change in profile location it just threw me off when it did not properly start with my profile after updating my version.  Luckily I always keep the older files around until I am sure something works.  Thanks for all your efforts; they are greatly appreciated. 

It shouldn't causing BSoD. If so, there must be some hardware/driver issue(s) in your system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Build!

32bit https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/palemoon-27.7.0a2.win32-git-20180106-d74da289f-xpmod.7z
32bit noSSE https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/palemoon-27.7.0a2.win32-git-20180106-d74da289f-xpmod-ia32.7z

64bit https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/palemoon-27.7.0a2.win64-git-20180106-d74da289f-xpmod.7z

Official repo changes since my last build:
- Change unspecced behavior of button contents. (8273b5cb7)
- Round subpixel border widths to nearest integer instead of nearest-below integer. (7d810df6d)
- Add an option to control automatic filling in of login credentials and switch this off by default. (ce1aca868)
- Rename Options/Settings to Preferences and unify location. (3ae86b6e0)
- Name option to restart in Safe Mode accordingly. (e60ca5e2b)
- Add a missed override string -> Preferences. (07a2d82d3)
- Fix appmenu for Linux after #1561 (b9f82d25a)
- Reinstate JS_FOR_EACH_WELL_KNOWN_SYMBOL (006a3dae6)
- ES6 Symbol.unscopables (34b4eb628)
- Fix missed string on about:support for "restart in Safe Mode" (ed557e027)
- Add Symbol.species (85bbd3555)
- Implement Map[@@species] and Set[@@species] getter (c34d2ef9c)
- Merge pull request #1566 from janekptacijarabaci/js_Symbol.species_1 (3fbc8b940)
- Change resolution of performance.now() to 50us. (9ac47db85)
- [MSE] Do not attempt to retrieve the buffered range if the mediasource is in closed state. (a293a8fc6)
- [MSE] Disable tail dispatching on the MediaSourceDemuxer's TaskQueue (5f844308f)
- [MSE] When abort() is called, wait until the current appendBuffer completes (6a51b3f47)
- [MSE] Remove now unused code (ec196f247)
- [MSE] Remove some undesired Mozilla diagnostic code (5af332210)
- Fix build bustage (14e7b0446)
- Merge pull request #1569 from trav90/media-work (98a6df244)
- Add dailymotion UA override (965e6725b)
- Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon (d74da289f)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...