My Browser Builds (Part 1)

7 minutes ago, sal here said:

No issues thus far with both New Moon 27 and 28 and this forum. The only thing is dom.storage.enabled needs to set to true to post here.

this pref is enabled by default. did you change it in about:config?

5 hours ago, win32 said:

Try blackwingcat's PEMaker and change the PE subsystem from (presumably) 6.1 to 5.0 or 6.0.

I think I'm too dumb to use it, tried changing the SubSysVersion to 6.0 using the change button and also putting it in the main window of pemaker, even tried running it as admin, but always it keeps switching back to 6.1 for whatever reason.

Edited by Kwasiarz

10 minutes ago, Kwasiarz said:

I think I'm too dumb to use it, tried changing the SubSysVersion to 6.0 using the change button and also putting it in the main window of pemaker, even tried running it as admin, but always it keeps switching back to 6.1 for whatever reason.

Did you try clicking "save" in the upper-right corner? I had never had such an issue on either NT 5.x or 6.x.

18 hours ago, TechnoRelic said:

Probably, quite a few know of this (including you), but does no harm to post of it.

https://bookmark.house
This Bookmark House (B.H) is simple and (via Ads & Donors) free to use it.

Thanks for the info, yet from the snapshot image I see this is another "cloud" bookmark service, not to be invoked from the app menu.

Hello, you can eliminate calls to "EncodePointer", "DecodePointer" and "GetLogicalProcessorInformation" since Windows XP RTM / SP1 does not have these dependencies in kernel32, but Windows XP SP2 does. At least do it with New Moon 27 since Windows XP SP1 in Pentium II works better than SP2 / SP3.

And another question how do I make YouTube play videos on New Moon 27?

1 hour ago, WinFX said:

Hello, you can eliminate calls to "EncodePointer", "DecodePointer" and "GetLogicalProcessorInformation" since Windows XP RTM / SP1 does not have these dependencies in kernel32, but Windows XP SP2 does. At least do it with New Moon 27 since Windows XP SP1 in Pentium II works better than SP2 / SP3.

NM27 requires SP3 functions, you may have a look on this to see if there is workaround for that or not: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?19,143253,143901#msg-143901

17 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

OK, so that's Quantum-based with the "Photon" interface, right? My first thought was, "that couldn't run on XP;" but:

On Windows 7, it certainly looks like Photon (and a bit too much like M$ Edge). I can't test it on XP until Monday; in the meantime, can anyone confirm? https://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/icedragon-browser.php

(Warning: a dialog box will pop up offering to install "Comodo cloud Antivirus" and change your home page and default search engine to Yahoo on all supported browsers. You must click the teeny "Decline" button if you don't want to do that. Seems a bit PUPpy to me....)

A Quantum browser would have drawbacks; the chief ones being no legacy extensions and no NPAPI plug-ins (except Flash). Still, a Quantum browser on XP would be quite a feat.

Browsercrashes during/after installation: Winxp SSE
They cannot be used on SSE-PC.
Basilisk crash after installation
Slimjet dito/the same
Chrome installation crash
Lunascape dito
Icedragon dito
Lightshot no SSE
Mypal SSE2 ok
Opera SSE2 ok
Seamonkey SSE2 ok
Cometbird must rechecked most probably no winxp-SSE

On 10/20/2019 at 6:07 AM, roytam1 said:

this pref is enabled by default. did you change it in about:config?

very strange when i checked if available it denied and browser crashed/hadnt been restarted since almost whole day...-
after restart i see dom.storage.enable . as user- defined was false. set it to true. whats next?
NB: there is an about:config plugin: Open about:config 1.2
https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/open-about-config/

On 10/18/2019 at 9:52 AM, roytam1 said:

already read, tried, but nothing helped. also asked selling agent of mainboard and they told be I have to grab the board to their office for further diagnosis

check also realtek-forum.
i would spend you 100 usd for a new identical MOBO hoping the others can also do. Then you could send them for control.Always good to have replacement MOBOs. saved me multiple times.

I only hope the capacitor-plague is extincted forever. Thats why my next Highend-MOBO will be military-certified. Also had to use an audio-stick since connector worn out. old problem. the industry is thinking about that.

On 10/18/2019 at 9:52 AM, roytam1 said:

already read, tried, but nothing helped. also asked selling agent of mainboard and they told be I have to grab the board to their office for further diagnosis

I also had audiodriver-problems. no sound. when switching between the versions one must set the right one in windows audio-control-panel. it will not be reset/adjusted automatically. at least true for my pcs/winxp.

------------------------

Update: If not yet done. Bios-update. shut down pc totally. do a cmos-clear and Replace  old battery/wait 30 min. then the necessary steps in cmos-setup. If it doesnt help I would  go to MOBO x-forum. Asus right?
2. Bios-refresh Make cmos/bios-backup first and then needed steps. read precisely the instructions.

Edited by 3dreal

4 hours ago, WinFX said:

I have a sticky here somewhere backwards. But its not yet updated/maybe a bit confusive. and in my own i have german remarks.
But maybe this is enough to make YT running again. Downloading is another thing.
UPDATE means must be adjusted after new PM-version installed/running. i cannot run the installer. see old message.
From my detailed Sticky 2

6.a)
media.av1.enabled   true  UPDATE
b)
media.mediasource.webm.enabled  true  ONLY CHANGE(from false) AFTER A RESET /UPDATE(NEW)
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=9329306

Q: VP9 Support? (for PM27) NOT IN FIREFOX SEE 6.
 a) VP9 works if async MSE option is unchecked  UPDATE
Extras/Tools, Einstellungen/Preferences, Inhalt/Content   

b)  and "Enable MSE for WebM Video" checked in options.
Youtube only used VP9 with MSE but even then not all content is available as VP9, some is only available as H.264/MSE.

You can check https://www.youtube.com/html5 to see what your browser supports.

maybe the lav-files and ffmpeg-workaround is also needed. pls let us know if YT is working now.

Edited by 3dreal

9 hours ago, 3dreal said:

i would spend you 100 usd for a new identical MOBO hoping the others can also do. Then you could send them for control.Always good to have replacement MOBOs. saved me multiple times.

If I want to get another MB I'd pick MSI X470 GAMING PLUS instead.

On 10/20/2019 at 9:21 AM, Kwasiarz said:

I've tried installing it on Vista, and while it indeed installed, after launching, Windows complained that it's not a valid Win32 application:

icedragon.thumb.png.7a0aececb8af33e1e308f41274d715ae.png

I guess the same will happen under XP.

I downloaded the win32 version (https://download.comodo.com/icedragon/update/icedragonsetup.exe), installed it as portable app, ran it and got the same complaint that it is not a valid win32 application. So it cannot run on XP despite the claim.

Edited by luweitest