Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

roytam1

My build of New Moon (temp. name) a.k.a. Pale Moon fork targetting XP

13 hours ago, siria said:

(PM28, WinXP)

Very interesting. Were the culprits some specific websites, or just in the sense of "too many tabs open"?
Makes me wonder why this happens. Anyone have a guess?

I was suspecting specific websites at first.  Fiverr, Upwork, Facebook.  The number of tabs open didn't matter.  The CPU would stay at nearly 50%, eating up one of my cores.  So disruptive was the situation, that I attempted, at first, to use Ublock Origin to disable individual scripts using the logger.  Then I abandoning that effort and tried to rebuild the browser, in the process discovering the --no-remote solution.

I don't want to say with any certainty, that it was specific websites.  It may not have been specific websites.  Simple websites seemed to be much less of a trigger?  I started offloading problematic websites to tabs on K-Meleon, until, finally, a website I didn't expect to be a problem also caused the CPU issue.

2 hours ago, Vistaboy said:

Links (not only for KM) are unreachable

Yes, that's the same problem @Sampei.Nihira was having. Cloudflare seems to have some sort of routing problem between much of Europe (but not all; Greece reportedly is fine) and Roytam's server.

@Sampei.Nihira found a free Web proxy that let him work around the problem. Look a couple of pages back and you should be able to find his post.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Vistaboy
Have you tried pinging o.rths.cf?

I am having no problems.

fuyf42dh32f4hu.PNG

gqfqfd33g.PNG

Edited by ~~KILOE~~

18 minutes ago, ~~KILOE~~ said:

@Vistaboy
Have you tried pinging o.rths.cf?

because of cloudflare's network structure, the outer-endpoint is fine as its error page states, there seems to be a network routing problem between cloudflare's europe nodes and my server.

• Upvote 1

Just a note, Vistaboy is from Italy like Sampei.Nihira, so thats why they have the same problem.

• Like 1

Broken download reported from 3rd user, from Romania (East Europe), in KM-Forum.

I have updated the file on my server once again so my installer can download the latest of roy's builds. I apologize for the delay, I was very busy for the past couple of days.

To those of you who suggested it... yes, I am working on automating the installer to "guess" what the latest build is, hopefully i can get that working by next week.

:)

Posted (edited)
On 8/3/2019 at 9:47 PM, Mathwiz said:

Cloudflare seems to have some sort of routing problem between much of Europe

18 hours ago, GlowingLights said:

Vistaboy is from Italy like Sampei.Nihira, so that's why they have the same problem.

13 hours ago, siria said:

Broken download reported from 3rd user, from Romania

10 hours ago, roytam1 said:

Oddly enough, the Cloudflare representative there (member @sandro MVP) suggested the following test:

http://sitemeer.com/#o.rths.cf

which claims that among European locations, o.rths.cf is being inaccessible from only the UK (Slough) CF node, with Italy (Arezzo) supposedly in the clear! :o

JINjjSz.jpg

It'll be a tough one to crack, for sure...

Edited by VistaLover

@VistaLover

Yesterday I ran the test also with Zippyshare for me broken in Italy.

See here:

JR92KHao_o.jpg

I don't know if the test is completely reliable.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

I don't know if the test is completely reliable

Thinking it's not reliable:

test.JPG

Unable to view html5 video on youtube. How possible?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Vistaboy said:

Thinking it's not reliable:

test.JPG

it may be ISP related. for UK connectivity, CF support staff contacted me from support ticket and giving me I list of CF UK IPs so I can trace back from my side, and I found that my upstream uses TATA Communications network (AS 6453) for intermediate route and it seems having a bad route to UK. I created a support ticket to my upstream ISP.

for Italy IPs, I'm asking CF support staff if (s)he can test and give out IPs for me to trace back.

Edited by roytam1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello, colleagues!

At me it turned out to teach Firefox 45 to play video in Instagram, but the browser does not play video in www.vk.com any more - the largest Russian social network. It can be corrected?

For Instagam in userContent.css.

@-moz-document domain(instagram.com) {

div.ZyFrc[role="dialog"] { display: block !important; }

}