Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

roytam1

My build of New Moon (temp. name) a.k.a. Pale Moon fork targetting XP

New build of post-deprecated Serpent/moebius for XP!
* Notice: This repo will not be built on regular schedule, and changes are experimental as usual.
** Current moebius patch level should be on par with 52.8, but some security patches can not be applied/ported due to source milestone differences between versions.

Test binary:
Win32 http://o.rths.cf/basilisk/basilisk55-win32-git-20190330-09b851794-xpmod.7z
Win64 http://o.rths.cf/basilisk/basilisk55-win64-git-20190330-09b851794-xpmod.7z

repo: https://github.com/roytam1/basilisk55

Repo changes:
- ffvpx: update ffmpeg to 3.4.5 (ff7089326)
- update libaom to rev b46542180d551d5e4eb666cf35dd62395ba43f3e (without moz.build and aom_ports/aom_once.h) (8de1c2b90)
- libwebp: update to 1.0.2 (bb84e2eed)
- import changes from UXP:
 - Make resuming of decoding work for anonymous decoders. (64d65e096)
 - Make Sourcebuffer::AppendFromInputStream handle canceled image loads. (87bef3e99)
 - Check for contiguous buffer state. (8dd8df90b) (097da0429)
- update NSS to git rev e76a339d424a5fad9bc42a7e91154a4dd89b83f3 with nss339-vc2013.diff applied with ssl.gyp changes reverted (59066dcc2)
- update nss to git rev 4aea92b574d2d674ee75838d46ea95b113e8fecb (d0d6cc15e)
- update Twemoji font to v11.3 based build. (3abe807b6)
- update libaom to rev 0ec86ac7ae1e32a7e70410fa4972a655ec3670a4 (without moz.build and aom_ports/aom_once.h) (b246b0a6e)
- nspr: update nspr to hg rev 753fe0f7964c (d151c0c67)
- nss: update nss to hg rev 395a93dbc02e with vc2013 patch applied (ebfc3f0a8)
- revert most of "Switch working copy to Goanna 4" (https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/moebius/commit/c4895374053ab93b4f365d3e690e99a30ffa1a2f) in order to keep upstream patch applicable (f63e51e47)
- ported change from tenfourfox:
 - chemspill: M1537924 M1538006 (backported to ESR45) (b22dfbd77) (141fdee14)
- webextension: revert this part of changes in rev f63e51e471c0e57fed750971a5c5b6fc397061a6 (abd82fe1f)
- ffvpx: update to 3.4.6 (b4d5e6c32)
- update libaom to rev 5bdd95475e07ac8641114cb139105b8d734a1b60 (without moz.build and aom_ports/aom_once.h) (09b851794)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I have updated my backend file to enable download of the new builds. :)

Also I now have an installer version specifically for win2k.
Keep in mind that Win2k requires BWC's extended kernel for the browsers to function and that they are not officially supported on Win2k.

http://i430vx.strangled.net/files/Win2k/Win2k RoyTam Browser Installer.exe

For everyone else: Please continue to use the normal version.
The win2k version is not tested on XP/Vista
Normal version always right here when you need it:
http://i430vx.strangled.net/files/XP/RoyTam Browser Installer.exe

Changes coming to my installer soon:
-Unification of the two installer versions
-NM27 support (Soon! Soon! I hear your requests! :yes:)

As always, if you find any bugs with the installer, or have any suggestions or questions, make sure to let me know.
:)

• Like 3

On 3/28/2019 at 4:30 AM, Dibya said:

Microsoft became bastard ! Sata Nadella leave Microsoft please !

LOL. you can say the same about your countryman Ajit Pai.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, caliber said:

LOL. you can say the same about your countryman Ajit Pai.

Not going for politics man but Satya Nadella think windows is now secondary business for Microsoft.

• Like 1

who was the M$ CEO when W8 (mobile OS) was first released ?

unfortunately most people now do only surf the web with tablets and phones, it's not that he doesn't care about Windows.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UCyborg said:

He was also responsible for the Windows Vista debacle, wasn't he? Windows 7 was also released during his tenure, which, to be fair, was a decent and stable, albeit bloated OS that did much to clean up Vista's mess.

To be clear, was he CEO from '03 or '04-ish to '13-ish? I don't remember, but I do know that Bill Gates stepped down sometime before Vista's release, which was late '06/early '07.

c

Is anyone missing new container tabs from the File menu? Up until the latest uxp build they were there and I've been using them right along but now the option is gone. The "privacy.userContext.enabled" and "privacy.userContext.ui.enabled' prefs are set to true and they're working in 52esr so I'm guessing it's something specific to Basilisk. I tried installing the Multi-Account Containers addon but all it gives me is a thin line down below the toolbar button and nothing else.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, DanR20 said:

Is anyone missing new container tabs from the File menu? Up until the latest uxp build they were there and I've been using them right along but now the option is gone. The "privacy.userContext.enabled" and "privacy.userContext.ui.enabled' prefs are set to true and they're working in 52esr so I'm guessing it's something specific to Basilisk.

Container tabs were removed from official Basilisk 52.9.2019.xx.xx upstream; this "code cleanup" was tracked in UXP issue #756 and finally implemented via UXP PR #834; the latest UXP changelog posted by @roytam1 here does have that code merged, 

On 3/30/2019 at 4:55 AM, roytam1 said:

Official repo changes since my last build:
- Issue #756 - Remove Contextual Identity References from Pale Moon (ad5bbbdb6)
- Issue #756 - Remove contextual identity from BackgroundPageThumbs.jsm (d0b4eb41b)
- Issue #756 - Remove Contextual Identity from Basilisk (1f5194b5f)
- Issue #756 - Remove Contextual Identity from UnifiedComplete (2d20c38f8)
- Issue #756 - Remove Contextual Identity from DevTools (1413b3d6f)

so yes, the upstream changes made it to latest Serpent 52.9.0 ;) (packages "basilisk52-g4.1.win**-git-20190330-843e4ceff-xpmod.7z); I bet Roy goes into the trouble of posting the official UXP changelog so that people can inform themselves... :P

Edited by VistaLover

Thanks, I missed that in the changelog.

Curious, what exactly were they "cleaning up"? Container tabs worked good and were useful. It wouldn't be a problem if the addon could replace them but it isn't functional and I tried all their versions. So I guess for container tabs I'll have to use 52esr.

50 minutes ago, DanR20 said:

I tried installing the Multi-Account Containers addon but all it gives me is a thin line down below the toolbar button and nothing else.

In UXP issue #756 they mention the MultiFox (legacy) extension; Classic Addons Archive (CAA) only has the v2 variety saved (caa:addon/multifox), but I managed to track down v3 on GitHub: 

https://github.com/hultmann/multifox/releases/tag/3.2.3

Supposedly, v3 has per-tab separate profile support, so it should replicate at least part of the functionality removed by the "beheading" of Container Tabs; not tested here, though... ;)

Was hoping that MultiFox would be a good alternative but it's got obvious bugs. One is that noscript breaks when opening a new profile in a new window, at least with google voice. I'll keep playing around with it but it's not as straightforward as container tabs.

The other option is private windows, that is until that gets cleaned up too. I'm afraid if they keep doing that there will be nothing left of the browser and no reason to use it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanR20 said:

Thanks, I missed that in the changelog.

Curious, what exactly were they "cleaning up"? Container tabs worked good and were useful. It wouldn't be a problem if the addon could replace them but it isn't functional and I tried all their versions. So I guess for container tabs I'll have to use 52esr.

You could always stay on last weeks version http://rtfreesoft.blogspot.com/2019/03/weekly-browser-binaries-20190323.html in order to use that feature until you find a proper work around.  Having the latest bleeding edge is not always conducive to getting things done in my experience.  

11 minutes ago, leland said:

Having the latest bleeding edge is not always conducive to getting things done in my experience.  

All one has to do is look at Quantum to know how true that statement is. It's one of the main reasons for using forks like basilisk in the first place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanR20 said:

The other option is private windows, that is until that gets cleaned up too

You could always give Infocatcher's Private Tab extension (caa:addon/private-tab) a try; I have it installed in latest New Moon 28.5.0a1 and I can report it's running satisfactorily :yes: there; e.g., I can use two different gmail/facebook accounts in two different tabs under the same browser window; but No Script isn't installed in my profile, so no way to know how it interacts with Private Tab :dubbio: