Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

roytam1

My build of New Moon (temp. name) a.k.a. Pale Moon fork targetting XP

On 3/22/2019 at 10:37 PM, i430VX said:

From my laptop:
In new moon and basilisk, the browser freezes up (consuming 50% cpu during this) on ebay item pages and the amazon login screen. It does not seem to matter whether or not "use hardware acceleration" is on, and I have tried every GPU driver version available for my ATi mobility radeon x1300 with no difference.

However these pages work fine on my other computers.

:dubbio:

I have had problems with Ebay freezing up on Firefox and Palemoon. There is some part of a script on their own domains (rather than being one of the third party ones) that will freeze and make the browser go "not responding" but eventually it will time out and you can use the site. It happens most on item pages and has been happening for over a year. It also sometimes happens on Chrome. This is what my findings are in relation to the Ebay problem.

- It freezes on my home computer. Windows 7 x86 with Firefox and Palemoon, but not with Chrome.
- It freezes on my work computer, Windows 7 x86 with Chrome and Firefox.

I will note that the freeze with Chrome on my work computer is very short, perhaps 1-2 seconds. I only notice it because I have all theme stuff in Windows disabled, so I can see the title bar change every time I click on an item page. When Chrome is skinned, you do not see this happen.

And I agree, I can't find any reason for it in particular. Graphic settings all on or all off. I can see the issue in the inspector, but it comes from Ebay.com itself, some script that is obfusicated that I can't tell what it is trying to do. I think they just have some optimization issues on their end. And since they had redesigned their cart/payment portal to be for mobile browsers, we can imagine that the desktop experience is not high on their list of priorities. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Same problem for me on eBay; it's especially bad when trying to scroll on certain parts of the page, it can sometimes stick for 30 seconds or more before resuming.

Many sites today are script-intensive and it appears overwhelming at times, even for the most up to date browsers.

• Like 1

Skype web is not working with newmoon

13 minutes ago, Dibya said:

It's not working for me either even if i spoof it to be the latest chrome or even use advanced chrome still the issue is here

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, DanR20 said:

Same problem for me on eBay; it's especially bad when trying to scroll on certain parts of the page, it can sometimes stick for 30 seconds or more before resuming.

Many sites today are script-intensive and it appears overwhelming at times, even for the most up to date browsers.

One of the reasons why I use Noscript.

Those who don't like this extension can also use uMatrix for Pale Moon.

Developed by my countryman Alessio Vanni:

https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/ematrix/

3D Support for uMatrix

Edited by Sampei.Nihira
  • Like 2

Out Pale Moon v. 28.4.1.

Out Basilisk v.2019.03.27

(Note that Pale Moon and Basilisk have not received updates for exploits that allowed Firefox bypass to Pwn2Own 2019.)

7 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

One of the reasons why I use Noscript.

Normally, this would solve the issue with Ebay. As I said, the problem script that (appears) to cause the freeze is on the ebay domain, not an external one. So Noscript doesn't help in this situation because you need to allow Ebay in order to use it, as far as I am aware.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Tripredacus said:

Normally, this would solve the issue with Ebay. As I said, the problem script that (appears) to cause the freeze is on the ebay domain, not an external one. So Noscript doesn't help in this situation because you need to allow Ebay in order to use it, as far as I am aware.

I don't use eBay.

In fact, the website is heavy.

But only with 3 allowed scripts (I had already allowed Paypal) is the navigation quite smooth, I arrived with few problems on the conclusion page of the purchase.

The image could be useful:

pfOK1PTA_o.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, someguy25 said:

It's not working for me either even if i spoof it to be the latest chrome or even use advanced chrome still the issue is here

You can't both be right:

50 minutes ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Spoof the website with the latest version of Chrome in W.10:

6Z9tldYP_o.jpg

43 minutes ago, Mathwiz said:

You can't both be right:

Oh,i see so changing it to Win10 too works. That explains everything then :P

21 hours ago, Dibya said:

Have Firefox did anything that broke any web standard, making that Skype web page not function? If not, This is definitely a monopoly challenge to EVERYONE, whether use Firefox or not,  like Firefox or not.