Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

roytam1

My build of New Moon (temp. name) a.k.a. Pale Moon fork targetting XP

6 hours ago, Vistaboy said:

I don't know if it's bug but in the old way (replacing basilisk folder with the new ones) i didn't lose anything (bookmarks and add-on) whilst with installer i lose functionality of some add-ons. For few of them disable and enable it do the trick and they come back to work but for others (like uBO 1.16.4.7) the trick doesn't work and i have to remove and reinstall it.     

I didn't notice such a thing upgrading NM on my end. (I dont have plugins installed on basilisk to test)

I don't know why it would happen

Edited by i430VX

On 2/8/2019 at 10:27 AM, roytam1 said:

So following changes seem causing issues:

- Bug 1136925 part 1. Stop passing a parent to JS_CloneObject (02806f3cb)

So, is it permanent from now on or will it be reversed or patched in any future builds? In other words, is there a strong reason to stick to 01.19 builds?

On 2/8/2019 at 8:27 PM, roytam1 said:

following changes seem causing issues and they are reverted for now:
- Bug 1136925 part 1. Stop passing a parent to JS_CloneObject (02806f3cb)
- Bug 1136925 part 2. Stop passing a parent to Wrapper::New. (1d51cbd34)
- Bug 1136925 part 3. Stop passing parents to js::NewProxyObject. (dc13db8da)
- Bug 1136925 part 4. Stop passing parents to ProxyObject::New. (e2d30e340)
- Bug 1136980 part 1. Get rid of JS_SetParent uses in DOM/XPConnect. (5cad9c256)
- Bug 1136980 part 2. Remove JS_SetParent, even though we have a CLOSED TREE (96cf58c85)
- Bug 1113369, part 1 - Introduce JS::ObjectOpResult and use it in js::StandardDefineProperty. (15663c476)
- Bug 1113369, part 1½ - Avoid regressing error messages by adding obj to the ObjectOpResult methods that could throw a TypeError. (e063faf08)
- Bug 1113369, part 2 - js::SetArrayLength ObjectOpResult support. (cf8326017)
- Bug 1113369, part 3 - [[DefineOwnProperty]] ObjectOpResult support. (e16605a90)
- Bug 1113369, part 4 - [[Set]] ObjectOpResult support. (6f94604d4)

So go ahead and try the latest version and it should be OK now.

Edited by Mathwiz

@roytam1 <--

borealis.win32-20190126-d31e5ac-uxp-322d0be58-xpmod.7z
This above seems the last version that has the "Translate Page" option (Menu ; TOOLS - 2nd Choice Down)
With following newer versions of RT BorXP Browser, it is missing.
Was wondering IF that something 'odd' happened, and IF that "Translate Page" option could return?

Added: RT did promptly REPLY to me, next message below.
Added More: RT did eventually decide to 'Fix Restore' the "Translate Page" (TOOLS) Menu option. And has gone ahead and 'cleaned up' the BorXP Browser MENU in general. RT already did spend time to figure out how to get SeaMonkey LANGPACKS to install at a reasonable level. MORE than I did expect it. I could never have figured it out. The URL for that would be here -->
https://msfn.org/board/topic/177125-my-build-of-new-moon-temp-name-aka-pale-moon-for-xp/?page=101&tab=comments#comment-1158936

Edited by TechnoRelic

5 hours ago, TechnoRelic said:

@roytam1 <--

borealis.win32-20190126-d31e5ac-uxp-322d0be58-xpmod.7z
This above seems the last version that has the "Translate Page" option (Menu ; TOOLS - 2nd Choice Down)
With following newer versions of RT BorXP Browser, it is missing.
Was wondering IF that something 'odd' happened, and IF that "Translate Page" option could return?

matt removed it. https://github.com/binaryoutcast/binoc-central/commit/ab39ff453746766c71ad8e37a8c2ac0a812db7bc#diff-5d439fd076db0dd17d3b7ee509bc4d48

maybe we can add it back later.

• Like 1

Out Basilisk v2019.02.11 (February 11, 2019)

This is a development and security release.

-Removed experimental WebExtension support from the browser.
Please check your add-ons; you may need to find alternatives for extensions that are no longer supported.

For background to this change, please see the following forum announcement.

Removed more telemetry code from the platform.

Finalized spec compliance of the IntersectionObserver API, and enabled it by default.
Related this, also fixed a number of browser crashes.

Switched to the new ffmpeg decode API to avoid dropping of frames.

Removed Mozilla-proprietary AudioContext constructor, improving spec compliance of WebAudio.

Aligned Element.ScrollIntoView() with the spec.

Fixed a buffering issue in the WebP decoder that caused intermittent browser crashes.

Changed the Add-on Manager to the same one used by Pale Moon, unifying add-on handling.
Note: Some extensions that modify/style the Add-on Manager will have to be updated to work with Basilisk 2019 versions as a result.

Improved resource-efficiency for internal stopwatch timers.

Improved handling of incorrectly-encoded CTTS in media files, resolving some playback issues of videos.

Updated SQLite lib to 3.26.

Improved the Cycle Collector and Garbage Collector.

Set the Incremental Garbage Collection time slice to 20 ms for more efficient JavaScript memory handling (regression fix).

Improved fullscreen navigation bar handling in the situation it has focus when switching to full screen.

Aligned instanceof with the final ES6 spec.

Fixed a potential use-after-free in IndexedDB code. (DiD)

Improved proxy handling to avoid localhost getting proxied. (CVE-2018-18506)

Fixed several potentially-exploitable memory safety hazards and crashes. (DiD)

Improved Windows DIB clipboard data handling.

Wasn't webextension support removed several weeks ago and Roy decided to keep it in the UXP builds? Hope so because there are no working alternatives for the ones I have. They're all youtube-based that set video resolution and other options so it's probably possible to use scripts but these addons work well and are convenient.  

It was removed from their nightly builds a few weeks ago, but this is the first "official" release since that happened.

NP; I just switched to @roytam1's build on my Win 7 home system. Everything seems to be working exactly the same.

Edited by Mathwiz

That's good news though since Roy kept it in after it was removed from the nightly. I guess he can tell us himself what the future of webextensions is for UXP but like everyone else has said hopefully the code can be maintained for it. 

Hey, is possible find what broken Firefox 54+ on XP, like "restoreXP.git.diff" used on basilik for XP? It can help me to add native support of One-Core-API on XP/2003 run directly.

On 10/15/2017 at 8:33 AM, roytam1 said:

I'd like to have separated download for this instead.

https://o.rths.cf/palemoon/palemoon-portable-loader.7z

Extract all contents (both EXE and TXT) in the place where palemoon.exe lives. Run portable-loader.exe for portable mode.

portable-loader.exe is scriptable loader(loading same-named TXT script) written in NSIS. Source is avaiable here: https://o.rths.cf/svn/filedetails.php?repname=rtoss&path=%2Fnsis+script+runner%2Fshellrunner.nsi

Links are now getting 502 errors :huh:

Edited by Mathwiz

3 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

Links are now getting 502 errors :huh:

you quoted old links

Yes they're old. Did you pull them from the server for some reason?