My Browser Builds (Part 1)

3dreal said:

dont complain get new domain from novatrend.ch different prices also.lower and higher

A european domain is the last choice I'd personally consider today! Not sure if a chinese, turkish or russian one would be better or worse nowadays. But EU laws have become extremely suppressive against honest people, getting worse every year. While at the same time greatly favoring evil people. Far beyond what anyone could have imagined a few decodes ago, and most still can't imagine today. Far beyond any common sense, and harming society badly.

One of the latest highlights:
A new EU law declares it a CRIME if someone quotes even a headline of e.g. some newspaper article, or even just 1 sentence! ONE! This is completely incredible, but the mass media (all politically correct today) didn't cry out. Instead they hardly even mentioned such tiny details and made it sound as if all protesters, who learned the truth in the internet, were allying with real criminal pirates! And so that law passed too, as lots of other society harming laws before. At the moment it's just not active yet, but the single countries are now forced to put this into national laws soon.

The prob is, those are not just some crazy theoretical laws, that no one will really enforce. Not sure about elsewhere, but at least in Germany it's an extremely successful business model of some shark companies to try and find as many as such peanut-lawbreakers as they can (of insane laws that no one with some common sense can imagine), then demand the victims to pay them a fortune as 'punishment', into their own private pockets, or otherwise drag the poor victims to court. Which always rules in favor of the evil ones, because law is law, and obviously it's also some law today (not sure if only in DE, or all EU) that those sharks are allowed to put the money into their own pocket. HUGE sums, completely out of relation to the supposed 'crime'. Regardless if such perpetrations, which no person in their right mind would imagine, are harming anyone or not. Or quite often are even positive for society.
The first event may be free, victims get only an official 'warning', but once someone or a little shop landed in this spider net, he's lost anyway. The sharks will observe him very closely trying to catch a second event, some most harmless and unexpected bureaucracy-breaking event, like e.g. forgetting to refresh a fading marker line around a car selling spot, or some harmless, accidental little mishap in times of great stress, or just cluelessness about the newest traps in that jungle. And it even has happened that some sharks faked such events themselves, which is hard to prove of course. Now the victims are really lost, must pay some extremely exaggerated amount of thousands or tens of thousands euros. And the newspapers will either not mention it at all, or omit details and just imply the victims were breaking laws and shouldn't complain.
Have read those evil companies already ruined countless little shop owners in DE already this way, using such legal (but to normal people feeling rather mafia-like) methods. Having committed no crime at all! With politicians still strongly supporting this business model, just recently the highest court ruled again in favor of such sharks.

So that future EU law about quoting just a HEADLINE or ONE SENTENCE becoming a CRIME, a heavily punished one, ruining poor people, will be the ultimate tool for evil guys to destroy just about anyone they want.
That much for extremly destructive and antihuman EU laws. Just one more.

Although Switzerland is not officially part of the EU, they are not completely free to do what they want. Being a small country surrounded and depending on powerful neighbors, those can and do abuse their economic power to make them respect some EU laws too.

@roytam1 -- @Mathwiz -- @VistaLover <--

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-cloud-storage#best-free-cloud-storage
Best cloud storage of 2019 online: free, paid and business options ... By Nate Drake 2019-10-08

So, the above article did list these FREE STORAGE option services -->
Google Drive -- pCloud -- MS OneDrive -- Dropbox -- MediaFire

I have no idea which of these (if any) might serve as a Storage Solution for RT in some manner.
I was thinking that they might serve as some kind of backup solution for RT, if nothing else.
I have no idea what RT's BANDWIDTH demands might be. Just throwing this 'out there' so to speak.

I was looking at "pCloud" where it said -->
The only caveat to these plans is that limits are placed on the amount of traffic, so you can’t have a 2TB facility, but upload a different 2TB every day. You are limited to the whole amount in traffic per month, although remote traffic with files you’ve shared isn’t included in this cap. <--

Which, I interpreted this "although remote traffic with files you've shared ISN'T included in this CAP" to mean, that remote users (like me say) can download files (from RT via pCloud) as much as they want to do that ???

Anyway, posting this as a reference source for possible RT Storage Solutions.

Added Later: Some Messages below have other ideas, which is all good as I see it.

Edited by TechnoRelic

I think @roytam1's server is owned by Cloudflare, so that's probably OK; just needs a more permanent domain name. (Like many cloud servers, it hosts multiple domains, so you can't just use its IP address and be done with this nonsense.)

For now o.rths.ml is fine, but I suspect @siria is correct; it's just a matter of time before it becomes too popular "fraudulent" in FreeNom's eyes.

again- check novatrend.ch(swiss company) they have worldwide domains and .ch is switzerland. nothing EU. also not in the next decade
2. Installer.
I have it in newmoon-folder where everything is stored.
It seems installationworked now. i installed in admin-account and exe is on desktop. but there was a devicedriver error. more later. will try update
Update2:
cannot start the exe on desktop. here are the two errors.
1. during start-i closed it
2. 32bit installation worked.
but an error stopped starting.
my translation see first image below:

the format of the virtual devicedriver in the registry is invalid

system/currentcontrolset/control/devicedriver

Its better we are waiting till i have my tiny 200gb-drive enlarged-backed up to 1tb-drive.
cannot switch to replacement-drive. something wrong there which cannot be repaired now.

browserinstallererror.png

palemoon_error.png

Edited by 3dreal
addition2

22 hours ago, TechnoRelic said:

@roytam1 -- @Mathwiz -- @VistaLover <--

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-cloud-storage#best-free-cloud-storage
Best cloud storage of 2019 online: free, paid and business options ... By Nate Drake 2019-10-08

So, the above article did list these FREE STORAGE option services -->
Google Drive -- pCloud -- MS OneDrive -- Dropbox -- MediaFire

I personally would -NOT- recommend using a "cloud storage" option, as, while they may be free(ish), it will make downloading a lot harder and slower for those on slow computers, as opposed to Good Old HTTP(s). And for me and @Mathwiz cloud storage options would bring forward a whole world of hurt for the browser downloader/installers we Maintain.

@roytam1, have you considered getting a free (forever) subdomain from a service such as strangled.net? I used to use it before I bought the i430vx.net domain and I had no issues with it.

2 hours ago, roytam1 said:

unless it is protected with cloudflare or I won't even try it  at all.

You should be able to use your Cloudflare protection. I don't see why you couldn't, anyway.

15 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

cloudflare doesn't accept registering with sub-domain.

Oh, it doesnt? My knoweldge is limited on cloudflare. Now I know. :cool:

Looking deeper I see. You need to own the parent domain to protect the subdomains.

Edited by i430VX

1 hour ago, luweitest said:

I'd like to use sync feature between my PC and Android phone. My old Firefox mobile app seems not syncing with Serpent 52.

What one likes to do and what is actually feasible is, sadly, often quite different things... :( This issue has been brought up several times in the past, most recently in another XP thread:

My own reply there:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/180280-automatic-user-agent-spoofing-in-firefox-51/?do=findComment&comment=1171254

TL;DR: if you'd like to sync between the android version of Firefox (now in Quantum version 69?) and roytam1's Serpent 52.9.0 on a Windows [XP] PC, then it simply isn't possible anymore!

You can reportedly still sync between Mobile Firefox and Firefox ESR 52.9.1 and, at least in theory, between Mobile Firefox and Serpent 55.0.0 ;)

If a mobile version of current Pale Moon 28 were officially available, you could, in theory, sync between Mobile PM28 and official Basilisk (52)/official Pale Moon 28 (desktop) - and New Moon 28; since Serpent 52.9.0 has retained support for WEs, sync between it and PM28 might only be partial :dubbio:; but official mobile PM28 doesn't exist; please read these following relevant exchanges in the official PM forum:

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?p=174199#p174199

(and the posts after that one...)

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=21179

Regards :)

Edited by VistaLover

@luweitest:

On 3/19/2019 at 7:47 PM, Dave-H said:

do any or all of these browsers sync with versions of Firefox using the Mozilla sync system?

Besides Serpent 55,

On 3/19/2019 at 8:14 PM, Mathwiz said:

Older versions of Serpent [52] do. Newer versions, however, sync with Palemoon's system (called Weave), as does NM of course. (The Palemoon team has been trying to make Basilisk more independent of Mozilla's infrastructure. That also applies to the add-ons Web pages.) ... Looks like the switch was made 15 Dec 2018. Thus, you may want to try the 8 Dec 2018 version of Serpent (still called "Basilisk for XP" back then): https://rtfreesoft.blogspot.com/2018/12/weekly-browser-binaries-20181208.html

From a technical and privacy standpoint, I think Palemoon's sync is better, but that does you little good if most of your other browsers use Mozilla's sync.