My Browser Builds (Part 1)

2 hours ago, roytam1 said:

freenom killed my free domain again. (there is no fraud in my site, but freenom thinks so for no reason.)

I wonder if someone misreported your sites as fraudulent, as a form of harassment?

freenom killed my free domain again. (there is no fraud in my site, but freenom thinks so for no reason.)

Oh no, not again. Sigh :(

Could it be bandwith-related? But guess doesn't matter if it's only the domain name, not the hosting server... no clue of such stuff.

But I still keep suspecting that the original browser names in your zip packages are problematic!
Whether that contributes to those domain probs or not, but sooner or later you'll have to rename them anyway, so the sooner the better.
Am glad that KM-Goanna already has a unique name, although Dorian welcomed your builds very much. But who except a few insiders know this?

4 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

I wonder if someone misreported your sites as fraudulent, as a form of harassment?

don't know, as there is no way to appeal. I'm thinking about buying a .top domain from somewhere else for 10 years in US$43.

Wayback snapshots of @roytam1's software? Probably, but you don't need them; he only lost a domain name, not his server. Just change the .cf in the link to .ml and it will work (at least, until freeNom decides to yank that domain name too).

He's already updated the links at rtfreesoft.blogspot.com, so you could just go there instead.

(Don't know if it's possible to similarly mass-update the links on this thread.)

Edited by Mathwiz

1 hour ago, 3dreal said:

Mentioned Installer not for XP SSE Newmoon 27. resp installer had been promised.

Could you clarify, please? Do you mean it doesn't launch at all under Windows XP with an SSE-only CPU, or that it doesn't offer the option to install the SSE-only flavour of the New Moon 27[9.6] browser? 

If it's the latter, I'm sure @i430VX will, at least, consider implementing this useful for you option in the near future; just keep in mind this is a volunteer project offered as-is and maintained during one's own spare time - not to mention managing a server to host it and the cost of the associated bandwidth... ;)

Is something up with o.rths.cf today? I keep getting either a 503 error or a redirect to a "Girls and their Webcam" page

because freenom killed my free domain again. (there is no fraud in my site, but freenom thinks so for no reason.)

So you may change from rths.cf to rths.ml
if rths.ml also "dies", I will finally need to buy a domain from somewhere else for running the site as freenom don't let me create new domain:
https://my.freenom.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=9

It's dawning on me only now what a great business model this actually is:
Domain marketeers give out cheap or free domains, but obviously still own them all themselves too, and can still do whatever they want with them!
So they can just wait a bit until one of those domains becomes popular and successful, then just take it away from the supposed 'owners' again, pretending some invented or peanut reason, with no chance to appeal - and now start earning money with it themselves! Either put up nasty stuff themselves, or redirect, or why not SELL the successful domain now for bigger money to any really FRAUD or malware spreaders!
While the true domain owners are left wondering if they may have done anything wrong, and what exactly.... What an irony.

The implications are absolutely horrible:
Evil new owners of those domains can put up whatever they want on those former trustworthy domains, while clueless visitors still keep reading in old articles and posts and archived website versions that this site is a GOOD and trustworthy one! So they visit and trust and unknowingly download now dangerous stuff :-(
With greedy new owners usually not putting up a big message telling visitors that the ownership has changed.
And visitors being just lucky if it's as obvious as in this case - but who knows for how long yet.
I suppose future new owners can just as well restore former original linked download paths, just with exchanged file contents - GRRR

After all such fake or pretended identities (legal or not) happen all the time now with all sorts of former great products and names :-(
See it all the time in RealLife that names and logos of once great, now long since dead traditional companies, are now (ab)used even legally to sell products from completely different countries and producers and qualities.
And of course in the software world too. Just remembered for example how the successful Stylish addon was finally sold to someone else, who probably seemed trustworthy to the former creator, but shortly after the seller just sold it again to a spying company etc.
Actually a popular strategy of those companies, just take over former good products and secretly turn the new versions into spying tools.
And recently an article about LOTS of new Firefox addons with stolen identities:
https://www.ghacks.net/2019/05/29/another-malware-wave-hit-the-mozilla-firefox-extensions-store/

I'm opting for giving up as soon as possible the 3rd domain of this sort!
Before it becomes too popular too, and "try" to get a less endangered one.
Sigh, until some day all currently trustworthy resellers may be sold too, as usual today :-(

12 hours ago, VistaLover said:

Could you clarify, please? Do you mean it doesn't launch at all under Windows XP with an SSE-only CPU, or that it doesn't offer the option to install the SSE-only flavour of the New Moon 27[9.6] browser? 

If it's the latter, I'm sure @i430VX will, at least, consider implementing this useful for you option in the near future; just keep in mind this is a volunteer project offered as-is and maintained during one's own spare time - not to mention managing a server to host it and the cost of the associated bandwidth... ;)

the menue will open and will show also newmoon then winxp 64 newmoon 28 or something like that. not the one SSE-users need. yes i followed all threads. and i know it had been promised. i can live with it. maybe when installer is working i dont have to make the adjustments after every update. adjustment must be made with a reset anyway. i have crashes. but it may be my pcs fault. not enough space(8 gb) on systempartition.