My Browser Builds (Part 1)

Out Basilisk v2019.02.11 (February 11, 2019)

This is a development and security release.

-Removed experimental WebExtension support from the browser.
Please check your add-ons; you may need to find alternatives for extensions that are no longer supported.

For background to this change, please see the following forum announcement.

Removed more telemetry code from the platform.

Finalized spec compliance of the IntersectionObserver API, and enabled it by default.
Related this, also fixed a number of browser crashes.

Switched to the new ffmpeg decode API to avoid dropping of frames.

Removed Mozilla-proprietary AudioContext constructor, improving spec compliance of WebAudio.

Aligned Element.ScrollIntoView() with the spec.

Fixed a buffering issue in the WebP decoder that caused intermittent browser crashes.

Changed the Add-on Manager to the same one used by Pale Moon, unifying add-on handling.
Note: Some extensions that modify/style the Add-on Manager will have to be updated to work with Basilisk 2019 versions as a result.

Improved resource-efficiency for internal stopwatch timers.

Improved handling of incorrectly-encoded CTTS in media files, resolving some playback issues of videos.

Updated SQLite lib to 3.26.

Improved the Cycle Collector and Garbage Collector.

Set the Incremental Garbage Collection time slice to 20 ms for more efficient JavaScript memory handling (regression fix).

Improved fullscreen navigation bar handling in the situation it has focus when switching to full screen.

Aligned instanceof with the final ES6 spec.

Fixed a potential use-after-free in IndexedDB code. (DiD)

Improved proxy handling to avoid localhost getting proxied. (CVE-2018-18506)

Fixed several potentially-exploitable memory safety hazards and crashes. (DiD)

Improved Windows DIB clipboard data handling.

Wasn't webextension support removed several weeks ago and Roy decided to keep it in the UXP builds? Hope so because there are no working alternatives for the ones I have. They're all youtube-based that set video resolution and other options so it's probably possible to use scripts but these addons work well and are convenient.  

It was removed from their nightly builds a few weeks ago, but this is the first "official" release since that happened.

NP; I just switched to @roytam1's build on my Win 7 home system. Everything seems to be working exactly the same.

Edited by Mathwiz

That's good news though since Roy kept it in after it was removed from the nightly. I guess he can tell us himself what the future of webextensions is for UXP but like everyone else has said hopefully the code can be maintained for it. 

On 10/15/2017 at 8:33 AM, roytam1 said:

I'd like to have separated download for this instead.

https://o.rths.cf/palemoon/palemoon-portable-loader.7z

Extract all contents (both EXE and TXT) in the place where palemoon.exe lives. Run portable-loader.exe for portable mode.

portable-loader.exe is scriptable loader(loading same-named TXT script) written in NSIS. Source is avaiable here: https://o.rths.cf/svn/filedetails.php?repname=rtoss&path=%2Fnsis+script+runner%2Fshellrunner.nsi

Links are now getting 502 errors :huh:

Edited by Mathwiz

On 2/8/2019 at 4:45 PM, i430VX said:

Hey guys, I put together an installer for Roy's browsers. It checks a file on my server to see the latest version (keeping that updated shouldn't be an issue for me) and then it downloads the latest browser version from roys site and installs it.

Currently it supports Basilisk (x86 and x64), and New Moon (x86 and x64). Tested OSes with the installer include XP and Vista (both x86 and x64 editions)

Other builds are not currently supported due to the sometimes irregular build interval

http://i430vx.strangled.net/files/XP/RoyTam Browser Installer.exe

If you find any bugs, LMK

Thanks for @WinClient5270 for noticing that you must have the visual basic runtime installed first for the installer to work. (Install VC Redist 2008 from Microsoft)

Very cool. I don't really have any programming skills, but I keep the latest 32 bit version in my /palemoon directory, to have a standalone installer available for those who need it for offline use.