My Browser Builds (Part 1)

2 minutes ago, mouad88 said:

hey guys there is no other options for windows xp only pale moon by feodor2

https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal/releases

this is the last version 28.2.2 ....tbh i tried almost 20 browsers but no one works

the worst thing about mypal is you cant add from the extension

and if someone know another browser let me know plz

#facepalm#

On 12/29/2018 at 8:55 AM, grey_rat said:

Basilisk/UXP for XP 52 and 55 multiprocess mode - browser.tabs.remote.force-enable true.

Well, I just tried it in Basilisk 52. The about:config Boolean preference above doesn't exist by default in either the XP or official build; I had to add it .

I didn't expect it to work, but it did! Task manager shows two Basilisk processes, just like the "old days." Guess all my add-ons are multiprocess-compatible.

Even more surprising, it also worked on the latest official Basilisk/UXP build (2018.12.18) running on Win 7 :unsure: Win 7 is where I could really use it; the XP version has always seemed responsive enough, even without multiprocess mode.

So evidently the multiprocess code was never removed from either build; the default was just changed at some point.

13 minutes ago, Mathwiz said:

Well, I just tried it in Basilisk 52. The about:config Boolean preference above doesn't exist by default in either the XP or official build; I had to add it .

Amazing! It works for me too. I now have two processes running, 750K and 850K. I typically have to reboot Basilisk 52 once a day when it gets to 1800K (or so) of memory and Windows XP gets very upset (too close to the 2Gb XP program limit).  Let's see if this helps deal with Basilisk's insidious growth as you open and close windows, especially video windows.

30 minutes ago, Jody Thornton said:

Happy New Year Everyone (from Southern Ontario in Canada).  What is Eastern Standard Time?  GMT+5 maybe?

According the windows time zone on my PC... It's GMT-5. not plus. which makes sense because you and me are 6 hours (IIRC) time-wise behind Italy which is GMT+1

Edited by i430VX