My Browser Builds (Part 1)

New regular/weekly KM-Goanna release:
https://o.rths.cf/kmeleon/KM-Goanna-20181117.7z

Changelog:

Out-of-tree changes:
* update Goanna3 to git e1975531d..a6bf60af2
- ported mozilla upstream changes:
 - Nikhil Marathe - Bug 1139665 - Check content load policy in FetchDriver. r=baku (25ded6c22f64)
 - Nikhil Marathe - Bug 1143857 - Add FormData serialize support to Fetch API. r=ehsan (1ff28a6f0b77)
 and enable fetch API in pref. (a6bf60af2)

* Notice: the changelog above may not always applicable to XULRunner code which K-Meleon uses.

6 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

sorry, I'm not willing to create installers.

That's ok.I just dont know how do i upgrade to a newer version of New moon.Lets say a new version comes and i want to update to it how do i do that?Do have to delete the folder ans start everything new???

12 minutes ago, someguy25 said:

That's ok.I just dont know how do i upgrade to a newer version of New moon.Lets say a new version comes and i want to update to it how do i do that?Do have to delete the folder ans start everything new???

Just remove the folder containing New Moon's program files and replace it with the newer version. Since roytam's builds aren't portable the configuration files are in AppData, so you don't have to start it again.

Edited by IntMD

19 hours ago, curiosil said:

Hey guys,

Is there any Volume Control on this browser, or at least any extension for such task, audio volume control and with a Mute feature?

Thanks!

Just in case anyone is interested, I found an extension which does exactly what I wanted. It mutes and then unmutes any audio source from the browser

with a simple click on a nice icon it places on the status bar. Here is the link for it:

https://addons.mozilla.org/es/firefox/addon/muter/

But, is there any feature on this browser which already could this? I don´t know, but perhaps through a keys combination...   

41 minutes ago, curiosil said:

Just in case anyone is interested, I found an extension which does exactly what I wanted. It mutes and then unmutes any audio source from the browser

with a simple click on a nice icon it places on the status bar. Here is the link for it:

https://addons.mozilla.org/es/firefox/addon/muter/

But, is there any feature on this browser which already could this? I don´t know, but perhaps through a keys combination...   

For New Moon try this one. Works fine !

http://addons.palemoon.org/addon/expose-noisy-tabs/

Cheers

23 hours ago, DanR20 said:

What's annoying to me is the fact that those who rail endlessly against XP almost never mention that it is  being updated and it's not a secret since people have been taking advantage of the PosReady 2009 hack for years. In the last four months I've downloaded and installed at least 22 security patches alone for this older system. Not only that but you can still get the latest virus programs, flash player, and thanks to this project an updated browser.

It is an old OS and probably has holes nonetheless but it's not like it isn't getting support. I'm usually on something newer but millions use XP regularly for whatever reason and it works fine, always has.

It's almost funny how some of these anti-XP internet freaks go on a rampage, as if they have something to lose. No matter what forum their heads act like they're about to explode at the mere mention of XP. The end of support for PosReady is next April so it will require extra locking down but I wonder how many malware/virus trolls even bother with it anymore, they probably moved on to Windows 10.   

totally agree with every single word.

the main target for experienced hackers attacks is the most used OS that's why WannaCry and other well known ransomware viruses started through W7 based computers.

I have been recently asked by a software maker why am I still using XP... :lol:

as I don't use any antivirus I actually don't care if the POSready updates will no longer be available within 5 months.

I just am afraid if the FF addons ever get removed from their site so I need to find a way to back up them all

https://www.trishtech.com/2018/10/use-older-firefox-extensions-through-classic-add-ons-archive/

I have pretty much found software alternatives for my needs so I can live with XP for a long time ahead.

1 hour ago, caliber said:

I need to find a way to back up them all

Just right-click  the "+ Add to Firefox" button on the addons website, and save target as... Then you get the save dialogue. :thumbup

Maybe i will edit/delete this post in a few days, i dont want MozFox to read it and change things... quick, go right-click right-click right-click

20 hours ago, roytam1 said:

New Palemoon 27 Build!
32bit https://o.rths.cf/palemoon/palemoon-27.9.1a1.win32-git-20181117-a6bf60af2-xpmod.7z

repo changes since my last build:

- ported mozilla upstream changes:
 - Nikhil Marathe - Bug 1139665 - Check content load policy in FetchDriver. r=baku (25ded6c22f64)
 - Nikhil Marathe - Bug 1143857 - Add FormData serialize support to Fetch API. r=ehsan (1ff28a6f0b77)
 and enable fetch API in pref. (a6bf60af2)

... And you originally thought you wouldn't be able to fix my reported GitHub bug! This is superb :thumbup:thumbup:worship:

We now have a fully working GitHub in latest New Moon 27, just out of the box! :cheerleader:... And to think that Tobin person (:thumbdown) had the cheek to call you a lazy "developer"... Your actions speak volumes for themselves, can't stress enough how satisfied I am as a user of your builds!!! May God keep you blessed :wub:

5 hours ago, caliber said:

as I don't use any antivirus I actually don't care if the POSready updates will no longer be available within 5 months.

I just am afraid if the FF addons ever get removed from their site so I need to find a way to back up them all

https://www.trishtech.com/2018/10/use-older-firefox-extensions-through-classic-add-ons-archive/

I have pretty much found software alternatives for my needs so I can live with XP for a long time ahead.

I agree!! So long as this system is working I see no logical reason to just junk it. Just be cautious is all. There still (and will be for a while) are good software alternatives to use with XP. Just stick with New Moon and you can't go wrong. Even if I do get hacked, Acronis True Image will get me back to right where I am as I write this posting. Mainly your IP is all and avoid shady sites and you should be fine.

Thanks you roytam1 for your hard work and worry not about haters!

Edited by sal here
typo

23 hours ago, caliber said:

Today I booted up XP to run the latest basilisk and can't get over how fast and stable it is, that's usually my answer to those who ask why anyone bothers.

Those having fits over XP are probably software developers who want it to disappear since it means extra work if they have to keep coding for it. Understandable but Microsoft is the one who has been keeping it around as much as anyone. It wouldn't surprise me if they extended POSReady for another year :--)

22 hours ago, DanR20 said:

Today I booted up XP to run the latest basilisk and can't get over how fast and stable it is, that's usually my answer to those who ask why anyone bothers.

Those having fits over XP are probably software developers who want it to disappear since it means extra work if they have to keep coding for it.

it depends on what you compare the Basilisk to. it's faster than Firefox 52 for sure but it's kind of a snail compared to the other versions that are not compatible with XP

it's not just a matter of extra work but the programs used by developers get renewed and do not support XP anymore that makes it impossible to code anything for XP.

Edited by caliber

On 11/19/2018 at 6:27 PM, caliber said:

it depends on what you compare the Basilisk to. it's faster than Firefox 52 for sure but it's kind of a snail compared to the other versions that are not compatible with XP

it's not just a matter of extra work but the programs used by developers get renewed and do not support XP anymore that makes it impossible to code anything for XP.

When I updated my FF ESR to one with Quantum engine, on win8 x86 work PC with Intel Celeron CPU, it was actually slower :p
I even downgraded it to old ESR and turned off upgrades.

Edited by 404notfound