My Browser Builds (Part 1)

14 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

... install the Google search engine? 

http://addons.palemoon.org/search-plugins/
For NM28XP Browser (ROYTAM), this URL (above) can alter the SEARCH engine as you choose via XML.
Once in awhile, I have to 'refresh' this change after installing an NM28XP update.

I saw your other message related to a HTML rendering problem with WALMART Canada website. Using NM28XP, I created PROBLEMS for myself in HTML rendering by CHANGING the COMPATIBILITY for USER AGENT MODE 'away' from FIREFOX COMPATIBILITY. I was 'crying' about it here (some), and ROYTAM did immediately suggest to make sure of FIREFOX COMPATIBILITY setting for USER AGENT MODE. There is tweaking, and 'not so smart' tweaking. That would apply to ME. I was reminded of the old 'HILL STREET BLUES' (USA TV Show) 'intro' video ...

"Hey, Let's Be CAREFUL Out There!" ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2QApwtE8zQ

Edited by TechnoRelic

On 8/28/2018 at 1:49 PM, roytam1 said:

On 8/28/2018 at 1:54 PM, roytam1 said:

New build of post-deprecated basilisk/moebius for XP!
* Notice: This repo will not be built on regular schedule, and changes are experimental as usual.
** Current moebius patch level should be on par with 52.8, but some security patches can not be applied/ported due to source milestone differences between versions.

Test binary:
Win32 http://o.rthost.cf/basilisk/basilisk55-win32-git-20180828-b78c31157-xpmod.7z
Win64 http://o.rthost.cf/basilisk/basilisk55-win64-git-20180828-b78c31157-xpmod.7z

so some people having issue after NSS update (Server thinks RFC final version IS draft version, and sending malformed response):

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1487150

so next regular build will not have TLS 1.3 RFC final version support unless NSS/Servers fixed this issue.

Quick question..

Are the changes and fixes included into both browser builds (FF 45 Esr - Basilisk) - by that I mean are they equally secure in relation to the other, or is Basilisk superior in other aspects over FF 45; or are they just too different to compare? Also.. since FF52 will soon be done like dinner, will Roytam1's FF45 build be more secure that 52 would be going forward?

Thanks you in advance!!

3 hours ago, sal here said:

Quick question..

Are the changes and fixes included into both browser builds (FF 45 Esr - Basilisk) - by that I mean are they equally secure in relation to the other, or is Basilisk superior in other aspects over FF 45; or are they just too different to compare? Also.. since FF52 will soon be done like dinner, will Roytam1's FF45 build be more secure that 52 would be going forward?

Thanks you in advance!!

Please don't compare apples with oranges. FF45ESR is for SSE-only machines, providing security updates (imported from TenFourFox FPR). While Basilisk is more a like of derived work of FF52ESR (talking about BK52 here), having ESR 52 security patches, and continuing development.

Also, keep in mind Roytam's disclaimer about Basilisk 55 (Moebius):

On 8/28/2018 at 12:54 AM, roytam1 said:

New build of post-deprecated basilisk/moebius for XP!
** Current moebius patch level should be on par with [FF] 52.8, but some security patches can not be applied/ported due to source milestone differences between versions. 

Basilisk 55 should nonetheless be reasonably secure. But for the (how does glnz put it) supercalifragilistic-XP-paranoid, Basilisk 52 & NM 28 are probably the safest of Roytam's offerings.

Thank you for the clarification Roytam1. That's great to know they are both receiving security updates. Both FF45ESR and Basilisk work well for me for the record. I'm glad I found this site and specifically your New Moon builds :)

EDIT:

Caught your posting Mathwiz just after I hit reply. Thanks!

"supercalifragilistic-XP-paranoid" Lol :D

Edited by sal here
EDIT

Well, there aren't that many left that do support xp really. Older version of Chrome I guess (including other Chrome based browsers as well seem to use old versions). I would've thought they could've made at least up to 56 compatible before they jumped to quantum. 

Glad Roytam1 has taken on the task to keep these browser up to date for us. I intend to use xp so long as it still works until my hardware dies, mostly because I'm a rebel at heart.

On 8/29/2018 at 1:31 PM, kitaro1 said:

Mypal, palemoon 28, basilisk 2018.07.07 and basilisk 2008.08.28 - this Canadian works blind correctly in Poland.

http://prntscr.com/koasbr

I tried creating a new profile, and tried New Moon 27.  Walmart Canada shows the prices and "cart" buttons.  I upgrade to 28 - sure enough it still works.  So my old profile must be all bunged up.

But now I notice that Facebook seems faster on New Moon 27.  Hmmmmmm - Me thinks I'll go back to it perhaps.

2 hours ago, Jody Thornton said:

I tried creating a new profile, and tried New Moon 27.  Walmart Canada shows the prices and "cart" buttons.  I upgrade to 28 - sure enough it still works.  So my old profile must be all bunged up.

But now I notice that Facebook seems faster on New Moon 27.  Hmmmmmm - Me thinks I'll go back to it perhaps.

PM27 is faster than PM28 about browsing facebook timeline, but still strugglish when comparing with blink-based browsers.

Yahoo mail fails with New Moon 27. Mypal 27.9.4 and K-Meleon also fails. Only classic Yahoo mail can be used.

Basilisk 52 always runs the classic mail.

Firefox 52.9.0esr, Firfox 45.9.10ESR SSE, Basilisk 55 and New Moon 28 does not fails.

Is it a bug of New Moon 27 or is it no longer compatible and must we update to New Moon 28?

Screenshot - 31_08_2018 , 07_27_55.jpg

Edited by wyxchari