My Browser Builds (Part 1)

2 hours ago, TechnoRelic said:

I follow your logic. But also, NM28 is ALPHA level quality just now. Here overall, NM28 is significantly LESS LAGGY than say BK55. But BK55 has a BETTER ability to do JAVASCRIPT and RENDER HTML properly in general. For me, BK52 does work only POORLY on my hardware and software combination. TOO MUCH accessing of DISK CACHE files, compared to BK55, which seems BETTER behaved on that issue. I plan to check BK52 maybe once a month, to see if there is improvement. But otherwise, I use NM28 mostly, and have BK55 as the 'slower, but gets it done' option.

The last build is beta level

1 hour ago, Jody Thornton said:

Oh so the one with the updated New Tab page is Beta? (as in palemoon-28.0.0a4.win64-git-20180623-f58362790-xpmod.7z)

Sorry it's so confusing ....lol

build 0623 is in the time just before they bump from alpha to beta 1.

Right so that was the last one I got.  Is there a newer one you have submitted?  I'm checking now.

EDIT: Nevermind ....lol - I see it.  Downloading now  :)

4 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

build 0623 is in the time just before they bump from alpha to beta 1.

Edited by Jody Thornton

Dear roytam1, can you please port Pale Moon 26.5.0 to windows XP SP2 ? I know there are some ported builds from your site: http://o.rthost.cf/gpc/files1.rt/, but the problem is none of those build worked properly on XP SP2 ;(

- The "xx.win32.7z" build will show error message "The procedure entry point GetLogicalProcessorInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

- The "xx.win2000.7z" build does run, but I suddenly got a BSOD after several launch. It's very unstable.

Many thanks for your help!

12 hours ago, cloudstr said:

Dear roytam1, can you please port Pale Moon 26.5.0 to windows XP SP2 ? I know there are some ported builds from your site: http://o.rthost.cf/gpc/files1.rt/, but the problem is none of those build worked properly on XP SP2 ;(

- The "xx.win32.7z" build will show error message "The procedure entry point GetLogicalProcessorInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

- The "xx.win2000.7z" build does run, but I suddenly got a BSOD after several launch. It's very unstable.

Many thanks for your help!

It is hard to say, running on old SP is totally untested. Trying to run palemoon26-win2000 on XP RTM will just cause c000021a BSoD for example.

but it works quite well when SP1 is installed.
zsFRTVz.png

I can even hack XUL.dll to NOT loading uxtheme.dll(of course that means no watercolor theme in PM, since uxtheme format is incompatible) and removing manifest in palemoon.exe and hacked MSVCR80.dll NOT to parse manifest, making PM26 working in XP build 2296!
XowIVMz.png

Edited by roytam1

tried 3 builds:

palemoon-27.9.1a1.win32-git-20180630-53606d9e9-xpmod-sse.7z

palemoon-27.9.1a1.win32-git-20180630-53606d9e9-xpmod-ia32.7z

palemoon-27.9.1a1.win32-git-20180630-53606d9e9-xpmod.7z

on this (attached image). ia32 works, sse and xpmod instantly bsod&reboots the xp home sp3 machine.

perhaps first post of this theme should include some info on picking/version naming conventions, to spare the time of reading 38 pages of discussion.

looking at the prev. page

does that mean that sse means sse4 and above? as sse is not working on this machine?

thanks

cpu-z_nw moon_2018-07-01_232031.png

Edited by i4004

2 hours ago, i4004 said:

does that mean that sse means sse4 and above? as sse is not working on this machine?

SSE means SSE-only build, for Intel Pentium 3/AMD Athlon XP and later.
IA32 build is for anything from Original Pentium and later.

for Pentium 4 and later, use normal build.

2 hours ago, i4004 said:

sse and xpmod instantly bsod&reboots the xp home sp3 machine. 

you may check your system drivers(antivirus filesystem filters, etc.) if anyone is malfunction.

Edited by roytam1

Dear roytam1, can you share your build which works with XP build 2296 beta, please ?

The "palemoon26-win2000" build always cause BSOD on my XP SP2 machine ...

Edited by cloudstr

It's works fine now, thank you so much !!  :wub:

Anyway it seems that MP4 / h.264 video files will not load on this build, even though I already have the .dll files from "lav.7z".

Here is a video sample: https://openload.co/embed/Q9DN-0MfPyA/Galaxina_%281980%29.avi.mp4

Any options to enable h.264 support ?

Edited by cloudstr

3 hours ago, cloudstr said:

It's works fine now, thank you so much !!  :wub:

Anyway it seems that MP4 / h.264 video files will not load on this build, even though I already have the .dll files from "lav.7z".

Here is a video sample: https://openload.co/embed/Q9DN-0MfPyA/Galaxina_%281980%29.avi.mp4

Any options to enable h.264 support ?

PM26 doesn't support that.

With Saturday's basilisk for xp build I can't load comments on some websites. Here's an example:

http://thehill.com/

As far as I know the previous build didn't have this problem and I've made no setting changes. Since reading or posting comments rely on javascript I disabled noscript but the behavior was the same.