My Browser Builds (Part 1)

3 minutes ago, Dennnn said:

I try 32bit noSSE palemoon on Athlon XP /Windows 7. It is so slow, no, it is very very very slow. I can wait for 1 minute before this board has been loaded, and i'm unable to scroll it, it freezes.

basilisk/moebius not start at all.

Can you make 26.5.0 build with no-sse and Lav codecs support ? Current 26 work ok, but there is no lav codec support out of the box, so no way to browse youtube.

Won't you think 7 is too new for that pc .

9 minutes ago, Dennnn said:

Is there any version with LAV codecs ?

Why 27 so slow, compared to 26 ? More than 20-100x slower.

because 26 is Gecko24 based while 27 is Gecko38 based.

for LAV dlls, please see FAQ.

Edited by roytam1

On 12/23/2017 at 11:11 PM, Dennnn said:

May be you can add Lav to 26 ? It is more actual for old machines that 27.

not possible. Goanna2(i.e. Gecko24) has no infrastructure to ffmpeg libraries.

EDIT: It could be possible, just very hard. MSE, fmp4 and libstagefright has to be backported to get it working, but infrastructure has big differences.

Edited by roytam1

I try your build of K-Meleon, it is slow as hell too, like palemoon 27. Single page rendered 5 minits and can't scroll at all.

p.s. I remember how fast was browsing in 2008 on this setup win W7 and first version of chrome and firefox 3.5.

3 hours ago, Dennnn said:

I try your build of K-Meleon, it is slow as hell too, like palemoon 27. Single page rendered 5 minits and can't scroll at all.

p.s. I remember how fast was browsing in 2008 on this setup win W7 and first version of chrome and firefox 3.5.

maybe you have bad connection and/or bad video drivers?

just tried KM76-Goanna on IDT WinChip 240MHz with Win2000, it renders a page within 1minute.

Hi guys,

Happy holidays to everyone.

I´m giving a try to New Moon,  roytam1´s build, and have run into a problem I hope you can help me with.

I installed the portable version with the loader, which works fine, but when I set it as default browser with

a little proggie which works fine with all browsers tested so far, this one doesn´t work because it uses

the loader. If I select the exe to be the default browser, it works, but the profile folder is created in

Windows system folders, so it´s not portable anymore, and I don´t want this, I want the portable

version with the profile folder in the program´s main folder. So, what can I do to set this portable

browser as the default one?

Another question... being this a build on the original New Moon by Feodor2, what´s  the difference

with the original, what does this one improve over the original?

I´ve tried this one because it has this support forum, whereas New Moon doesn´t have one, as far

as I know...

Thanks.

Regards.

1 hour ago, curiosil said:

I´m giving a try to New Moon,  roytam1´s build, and have run into a problem I hope you can help me with.

I installed the portable version with the loader, which works fine, but when I set it as default browser with

a little proggie which works fine with all browsers tested so far, this one doesn´t work because it uses

the loader. If I select the exe to be the default browser, it works, but the profile folder is created in

Windows system folders, so it´s not portable anymore, and I don´t want this, I want the portable

version with the profile folder in the program´s main folder. So, what can I do to set this portable

browser as the default one?

Hi, yep, that's a problem with portable mozillas. Please take a look at this question http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/177125-my-build-of-new-moon-temp-name-aka-pale-moon-for-xp/?do=findComment&comment=1146299 and author's response to it http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/177125-my-build-of-new-moon-temp-name-aka-pale-moon-for-xp/?do=findComment&comment=1146328

Looks like he was not overly happy with this task and, frankly, I don't blame him. :)

So, other workarounds/options could be:

1) Start browser in portable mode beforehand, and then every time you try opening a link with same default browser you will get a new tab in that browser, unless it is started with "-no-remote" option.

2) Use that "proggie" of yours to configure the default browser to be started always with appropriate "-profile" option, or you may need to fiddle with the registry manually to do that.

22 minutes ago, Flame. said:

2) Use that "proggie" of yours to configure the default browser to be started always with appropriate "-profile" option, or you may need to fiddle with the registry manually to do that.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. And how would I do these 2 things, adding the argument and tweaking the

registry?

While waiting for an answer to my post, I´ve installed and tested the original New Moon browser,

and this one works fine when as portable set as default browser, it opens the links within my

e-mails, but if I try to open a second link it gives an error "Pale Moon is already running, but is

not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Pale Moon process, or

restart your system." d***... how can I fix this problem so New Moon can run multiple

instances? I´ve tried the Linux version and it works fine, multiple instances can be opened.

Cheers.